1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Stupid Things Trumps Says

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Nov 22, 2015.

1. thejav

thejav Member

What a horrible time for jon stewart to retire..

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's the fear of the unknown as much as it is human nature and tendency to hate "others" outside of their groups. Groups need an enemy to bring them together, and Muslims play that role well for the ignorant.

You see it in folks like Pamela Geller, and you see it in Donald Trump, and you see it our local resident bigots like ATW.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Your brown shirt is in the mail!

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The "other" is just basic subtraction. I meant to put the question mark next to Asian. I assumed that they lumped Hispanics with whites, so the only other major ethnicity is Asian. The Police can be of any race. What the numbers don't show is that blacks are much more likely to be killed than whites.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

When I first saw it, I figured they had the jacked-up organization of the data to use accurate facts but present them in a deceptive way. Now I see they took completely made-up numbers and then presented them in a crappy and confusing way.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of the most UN-AMERICAN things ever posted on this forum. You might be from another country, so it might not matter to you whether you are a supporter of the principles this nation was founded on and to protect or not.

It's just really odd to have someone who is so obviously opposed to the ideas and principles of the United States posting in a thread about a person running for the President of the United States.

Then again it's odd to have someone like that running for president in the first place.

1 person likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

1860s too far...Just the 1950s when white people got the best positions, housing, and service.

America has been getting worse and worse right after the civil rights era doncha kno?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's good (and bad) that after the last 8 years of Obama all the bigots and racists have stopped hiding and have fully embraced who they are. It's good in the sense that it exposes them, but it's bad because I didn't realize that there were still so numerous in America.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I don't understand why you assume "POLICE" is a mistake but "WHITE" and "BLACK" are not mistakes.

And if any of these three is actually a mistake, I don't see how you can guess what the correction would be.

10. rockbox

It doesn't really matter. I'm just saying the numbers are pretty easy to comprehend. I did not say that they were correct. In fact they are WAY OFF.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/22/politics/donald-trump-black-crime-police-retweet/index.html

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Everything is Advertising - Their is no need to Truth in Advertising only results

Rocket River

12. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

"That propaganda is good which leads to success, and that is bad which fails to achieve the desired result. It is not propaganda’s task to be intelligent, its task is to lead to success."

15. rockbox

What are you talking about? I never posted numbers that were way off.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

My bad. Sorry. It seemed you were defending the numbers, and I got you mixed up with the person who posted them. They should not be posted here, and especially should not be posted by a presidential candidate.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Tribalism is in our DNA. It's a survival strategy for the genetic codes closest to ours: me, my family, my intermarried tribe. 'Like' people tend to band together to promote their success and defend it from outsiders.

I think it's one of the reasons Trumps tact is working. It doesn't matter how irrational his statements are, as long as they promote the tribe's security and prosperity, the tribe will buy in to them. We may have a genetic propensity to suppress our logic and empathy for tribal unity. If so it might give an understandable basis for naziism or ISIS or even the American Revolutionaries. It may even be stronger in times of stress.

I guess the question is how we see our tribe. Trump is the simple minded white folks, Bernie's is everyone within the borders.

18. TheresTheDagger

Washington Post September 18, 2001

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...33fafdc/?postshare=7281448290025183&tid=ss_fb

Looks like the WaPo "fact checkers" might want to check their own paper before giving Trump "4 pinnochios".

19. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

20. rockbox

The thread title is "The Stupid Things Trump Says". Of coarse, it should have been posted here.