1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The South

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Depressio, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Your post was a thinly veiled racial smear against Whites, so you need to take a look in the mirror.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WHITES.

WHITEES

WHITE TEES.

I smell conspiracy.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What was the point of starting this thread? The South has been poorer than the North for over 150 years (though gradually getting better), and the effects of poverty can be seen in many of the maps shown. What's the point of throwing up here? Just want to make sure everyone knows you despise the South?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Because it will divert multicolored TL/DR posts from certain multifaceted posters from other threads.

5. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

hilarious moondogg, i can't rep you anymore

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I was born in Houston. I live in Houston. Why would I despise the south? I'm part of it.

I just like edumacatin' peepz on teh statistix of where they live. Gotta represent, bro. Problem?

8. Depressio

I'm white... some say perhaps even opalescent.

Also, check this out. Should it be added to the picture, you think?

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

The North is cold...The North can't live without the South, but the South CAN,...not necessarily saying sissy liberals shouldn't all go North and back slap each other, but . . .hey, we could always be good neighbors...ain't gonna be a border problem as well...just leave it to us ...You guys handle Canada and giving free. . .

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Deep down TSchmal wished Kerry would be President...Obama does not exude the snob elitist persona enough in comparison. . .

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

sure they could. living off the teat on the federal government...how would they get their money if washington, d.c. was around? tax on incest?

12. JuanValdez

It seems long on problems and short on solutions. Long on criticism and short on understanding. So, yeah, I still don't see the point.

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Ha! You so funny

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

Haha, yeah that's pretty much NJ!

As for the OP, I think the South still hurts from losing most of it's infrastructure from the Civil War, and from the fact that their economy was(and still is in some areas) agrian based whereas the North was more industrialized.

15. Depressio

I don't see a point in questioning what the point of my post is. Why are you wasting my time?

16. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

As a native Texan, I see the point (and I am, admittedly, generalizing here): the South tends to denigrate the North, lambasting them for their "elitism" etc., claiming some kind of mythical high ground when, in actuality, the North is measurably ahead of the South in every one of these categories. Perhaps it's time for the South to acknowledge the end of the Civil War, admit their shortcomings, and work to actually fix them instead of wallowing in the Southern mythos that perpetuates the "us-vs-them" mentality.

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

I find that the farther South you are, the worse it gets. A lot of eople in VA don't seem to hate the North, but alot of people farther down in Georgia and South Carolina seem to still hold an intense sense of disdain towards the North.

18. JuanValdez

I won't address the rest of the post except to say I don't really agree. But, I wanted to point out that the categories provided were cherry-picked because the South lags in them. Why ignore things the South excels in and pick on them for the things they're behind on?

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

The South has a lot of things it excels in, but I don't know if you can really measure it. I like Southern music and Southern food better. The weather is warmer, and the people are more laid back(a little too laid back IMHO). And of course, I don't know a Northerner who plow a field all day long or catch catfish from dusk 'till dawn.:)

20. Depressio

Nothin' stopping you from droppin' some knowledge and facts, brochacho!