1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Sellout Streak

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What will it take to break it?

I think if Kubiak and Schaub come back next year it maybe broken
    The Boos yesterday made me feel it was possible

but
    Fans maybe loyal even if the product is not great . ..

Rocket River

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Never. The 2-14 Texans got better ratings than when the Astros were in the NLCS.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It'll take a few years of consistent suckage for that to happen.

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Good topic, Señor Río Cohete. :eek:

The answer is NEVER, because PSLs ensure of that. :) That was smart off the bat with Mcnair and company from the get-go.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Schaub went BACK into the game! Kubiak had a stroke on the sidelines. The resident mute is talking trash to the QB. There's so much drama with this team, ratings and attendance should be at an all-time high.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

asbestos

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Move the games to the Astrodome and play in it as is. Then you might have a shot. Maybe.

8. El Hijo de Odio

Many teams in all sports used the "tickets distributed" count instead of actual people showing up for their attendance.

That means even though there's not many people in the seats, they will count how many tickets were sold when the fans buy them a couple weeks before the game. Even if the fans never used the tickets and not going to that game.

9. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Now I'm thinking even Kubiak's TIA was faked, cuz Case and Dre were kicking the Colts' collective ass, which he and Schaub were never able to do. He could not stand to see a win against the Colts without Schaub so faked it and gave the game away.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but what Kubiak has been doing has left me with no choice.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The sellout streak won't end but the days of season ticket holders reselling tickets for double face value are gone for a while. They'll be lucky to get face value from here on out

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If they win next year which isn't that hard to believe the tickets will be selling for a bunch. The NFL is largely about luck.

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

As long as Schaub and Kubiak are gone (especially Schaub), next year's tickets will still sell for a small fortune. The NFL is king and Houston loves football. Plus the amount of turnover year to year in terms of wins-losses keeps people hoping. There hasn't been a preseason to date where tickets were not selling for 150% of face value, minimum, and it won't start next year.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

We love our football in Houston.. unfortunately our team is the Texans and we are stuck with them through thick or thin :mad:

15. Mashing

Mashing Member

Well, I'm debating to renew whether or not to renew my season tickets next year if the coaching staff is the same.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

8 games a year is hard NOT to sell out... but it could happen if 2-3 more seasons play out just like this one (unlikely).

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He didn't fake it. He and God simply knew he didn't deserve it. Al Bundy scenario. No good can come to him. Or us.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Because fans will wait out the bad times, especially when the owner is pushing 80.