1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Score] Report: Nuggets willing to deal Ty Lawson this offseason due to soured relationship

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fullcourt, May 7, 2015.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I would rather us get Rose or Irving.

2. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Isn't Llull coming over next year?

3. what

what Member

I really think the rockets need to invest in a better low post scorer to take the pressure off harden. a pg is the last thing the rockets needs.

you guys need a post player that can make free throws and has low post moves to pair with dwight.

Kevin love would be ideal but I doubt that yall can afford him.

right now you guys have too many weaknesses in the halfcourt because you don't have a post player that can get his own shot and still make free throws so a good defensive team will just double harden nonstop without fear.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ DMo?

I feel like we overrate him a bit, but he is young and will definitely get better

Also, how can you say with a straight face that PG is the last thing we need?

5. what

what Member

I mean anybody could USE a pg, but to me, the last thing you want to do is take the ball out of harden's hands. Harden is better WITH the ball. And the rockets attack is more deadly when he has the ball.

6. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I was going to say D-Mo, but Shasta beat me to it.

7. what

what Member

d-mo is not the type of player I am talking about: a guy like david west, zbo, kevin love, blake griffin.

the thing is that even still, it is hard to match players too dwight or harden frankly because both guys occupy their space with an iron fist.

The best dwight configuration was in orlando when it was dwight and a bunch of 3 point shooters. And with harden, the guy needs the ball in his hands so much because he is a one man wrecking crew.

Who do you put next to these guys?

When dwight had Pau in LA, he and Pau could not get along because both wanted their space down low.

One of the reasons that Memphis has such a great front court is that Marc is a willing passer and can play up top while given zach his space down low.

And I just don't think that with dwight, yall could ever have a front court like that. So the rockets are in a tricky situation in my opinion.

What yall really need is the next Anthony Mason.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I totally down but that backcourt defense...

9. malakas

malakas Member

Nah they wouldn't be interested in DMO either because they have Nurkic. Their frontcourt is all the prospects they got.
    Teams that could be give value back to the Nuggets in a third team deal that I can think of are : Hornets, Bulls maybe the Suns. Maybe Toronto.

For the record I think that both Jones and DMO will receive 10+ per next year for sure by some team.Esp DMO if he's back healthy. Dmo if he has another season like this and shows some progress he can go for 15 per.
    I say this to show you that whatever team trades for either of them must be prepared to pay them up next year. They will in essence trade for the RFA status.
    Another team that may be interested in Lawson and try to trade for him is the Jazz. A Jazz team with Lawson is a playoff team in the West if the younglings keep being so good.

As for Lawson's "problems" some of them in my opinion are justified. The coach they had this year was a Clown and though Lawson didn't act like a professional himself when you have a coach that doesn't know crap, can't discipline his own players and makes a habit of always putting the blame to others well..it is not all on Lawson.
    If/When he is traded to a good team that has contender aspirations I expect that he will be much more focused. He's not a headcase like Sanders was.

Anyway don't blame Morrey if he can't get you Lawson. The other teams interested in him will be lottery teams with much more assets. It's not up to him. Besides Llull if he indeed comes over will be much cheaper.

10. malakas

malakas Member

Agreed. But it's not that hard to find a pair for Harden. Just view him as a PG. Ideally imo, you want to pair him with another SG. Someone with not necessarily elite playmaking skills who can play good defence and shoot.
    Harden is not Ellis. It is not impossible to find a good fit next to him. Also imo the pair next to Harden doesn't have to be another star or elite just someone who does two three things well.

Dwight is not hard to find a pair to him either. He is not Vucevic or Kanter. Just put a strech four. The Rockets already shoot the most 3s in the league.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

no, esp if we kee psmith we dont need a highly skiled pg. just someone who can do what priggs can do but younger. like chalmers, who's perfect but wont go anywhere.

and yeah that backcourt defense is a hell no if you wanna contend. i'd rather keep beverley

12. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

we need another playmaker. i'm down, but what would they want from us? our best trade asset is from our gluttony of PF's but they're set there, no? i don't mind that backcourt defense. i expect harden would pick up the slack on defense some more knowing he would have to carry less of an offensive load. bev off the bench would be perfect too.

13. what

what Member

The problem with putting a stretch 4 next to dwight is the fact that ya'll will forever be a jumpshooting team and yall will always be a below average half court team.

Trying to find a low post scorer that dwight can play with is a problem. with harden it is a lot easier to match a player to him than it is with dwight.

and what makes it worse is that dwight doesn't seem to care if he develops a low post game so that's the problem.

You guys are very similar to the clippers execpt that Jordan doesn't have the same ego as dwight does and of course the clippers have blake griffin.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Excuse me but what team's fan are you and keep saying you all? Bulls?

I'm a Bucks fan first and I think that the Rockets are in a perfect place. They have one of the deepest frontcourt in the league, and they have managed to develop their youngsters even with a star like Dwight in front of them taking playing time.
    Dwight will be 30 soon. Now the Rockets can pair him with three different PFs (if everyone is healthy) and they have DMO as a backup center and Capella on the wings. They not only are good now but that they have prepared themselves for a Dwight-less future.
    Jordan also doesn't have the offensive skill of Dwight - he has no offensive skill at ALL- and when he plays for a team that doesn't have the best pg in the league in it, it will show.

Also the cap rise couldn't be more perfect for this team. In the next two years they will be able to add a max- near max player on top of what they have.

15. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

A PG is the biggest need for the rockets.....if you can't see that you obviously don't watch much Houston Basketball

Rockets biggest flaws:
    1. TOs
    2. Too many iso ( too dependent on harden to create)

16. hakeemthagreat

THIS is the guy I want playing pg for us. He fits our system perfectly. Something tells me Morey pass him up for euro pg Lull:rolleyes:

17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wouldn't a say a PG, but a secondary creator. If we could find someone at the 2 or 3 that could create shots for themselves and others, we would be fine also.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Two different players

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden is better with the ball. His decision making has gotten better and he is relying less on ISO's, but he cannot be the sole playmaker on the team.
    We need another PG, who can play alongside Harden. Kevin Johnson and a younger Jason Kidd were a very effective pair for the Suns.

Lawson may not be the best fit with Harden, but he can pass and shoot. My hope would be to see them taking turns with ball handling and creating shots. James can catch and shoot, perhaps Lawson might be able to do that as well.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd take my chances with Lull and resign Beverley as opposed to losing a combination of contributors in exchange for Lawson at this point.