1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Russell Westbrook thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 16, 2014.

1. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

I'm with you 100% man.

2. conquistador#11

houston sports teams, call westbrook and see what he did to the knee. his Nurses, massage therapists, colorful wardrobe get them all here.

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Damn, he is playing like the MVP atm. If Harden was doing what he is doing we would be going out of our minds.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

4 straight Westbrook's.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hopefully KD gets fed up with WB hogging the limelight and decides to join JH

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He is playing other worldly phenomenal basketball. His explosive athleticism is crazy. And his passion and determination are a sight to see and ive never been a fan of him. But my god, respect. That full court dunk where he out sprinted everyone and two hand jammed it was just insane.

He may make a late pass of harden for the scoring title and he is making serious noise on the MVP front

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Not with an 8th seed record.

8. Textroets

Textroets Member

It really pains me to say it because I am a diehard Rocket fan & I cannot stand the Thunder or Westbrook at all but the man is the best player in basketball at the moment. For the past couple months, he has been absolutely insane.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Westbrook's crazy triple doubles only result in overtime home games against Philly, a choke to Portland, and a loss to the Suns, then I am glad that Harden doesn't play that way, and Westbrook can have the MVP.

Harden's game is more conducive to winning games. That's what I prefer.

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

what is WB on? can he really elevate his game to that extent after so many years of being a 20-ish points guy?

anyway, if he wins MVP, then Curry also doesn't get it. I think he'll burn out before the playoffs though.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You can't question RW effort. If RW isn't trying to win I don't what to say.

12. Great Red Flash

Sorry Harden I like you and all but if Westbrook keeps this up he is MVP in my books

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Durant averaged like 37 points for a month last year during his MVP year. Great players can elevate their games to historic proportions for stretches.

WB won't keep this ridiculous pace up if he had to do it all year and playofs. Durant will return to help him out.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What will be funny is if Westbrook wins the MVP as the 8th or 7th seeded team when Harden was being discounted because Curry was "best player on best team."

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>How good is Westbrook playing? When stats flashed on TV in Heat locker room, Wade stopped interview &amp; said 'Oh my God, he had 49, 16 &amp; 10?'</p>&mdash; Shandel Richardson (@ShandelRich) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShandelRich/status/573519595069435904">March 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. HardenHardon

HardenHardon Member

Durant is one of Westbrook's biggest supporters.

Oh, man. This is some funny, funny stuff. It is hilarious how irrational some Houston fans are getting because they are scared people actually think Westbrook is playing better than Harden at the moment.

The dude is unequivocally doing what he can to help a Durant-less OKC team win games.

17. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga-lTBbwk2k

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I agree and disagree with you here.

His usage rate is approaching the 40's. That has never led to "REAL" team success.

Still playing out of this world, but he is also take a "BUTT LOAD" of shots.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is playing out of his mind over the past month or so. He and Anthony Davis are similar to JJ Watt in that they are probably close to if not have the most spectacular seasons in the league this year statistically. However, their teams are not as successful for various reasons as Harden, Curry, and Lebron's teams so if a player like JJ Watt with his historic season can't get an MVP award, I think it would be tough for Davis or Westbrook to get the award in the NBA. Winning usually is a huge factor in winning MVPs. Harden's number are very similar to Westbrook's but his team is far ahead of OKC so I don't see why Westbrook is all of a sudden leading Harden. This is a classic example of people being prisoners of the moment hyping Westbrook for MVP when his team is an 8th seed over a guy who is in the top 4 in the west with similar numbers.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

That's not what I'm saying. His effort is obviously unquestionable.