1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Russell Westbrook thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

What is the obsession with shooting percentage. The difference between him being a 43% shooter and a 52% shooter is literally making two more shots. I'm sure he makes up for those two shots in the billions of other things he's been doing on the court. The hate is strong in this thread.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It takes time to turn the hate into respect. It's slowly happening. The media who used to criticize WB heavily before slowly are praising him. The people I talk to (I live in LA so primarily Lakers fans) now regularly refers to him as a top 2-3 player. Even radio hosts in LA is giving him mad respect.

3. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

Lebron just shot 35 times against Houston.... GET HIM!

4. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

If you're an NBA player that isn't on the Rockets you suck and your team sucks

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

They were 4-1 with Durant.

They other 5 games they won:

Pacers (25-34)
    Nuggets (21-39)
    Hornets (25-33)
    Pelicans (32-28)
    Magic (19-42)

They lost to Phoenix & Portland in large part because Westbrook takes too many bad shots.

He is a great player, he just needs to either improve his range, or make better decisions, if he wants to lead a playoff team.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's great. Sure. But I still haven't seen a ball dominant scoring PG win a title since Isiah Thomas.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Tony Parker?
    Chaucy Billups?

They actually matchup well with Isiah Thomas based on usage rate & FGA/100 possessions.

Westbrook's usage rate blows those 3 out of the water though.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Still haven't seen a team with with a pass-first PG in recent memory either.

Boston's Rondo is the only one in the last 20 or so years.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Obv it's not just you thinks that, WB probably thinks so as well, and his mom, his girlfriend, his brothers etc. You are just a Westbrook fanboy, even early in the season where Harden was beating WB in all categories you still thought WB was the MVP, then you proclaimed that he was the closest thing to prime Lebron when Lebron's efficiency was godly but WB's was pathetic.

The short list for MVP this year is down to Harden and Curry, with Lebron making a push. Where the **** is WB in all this, and yet you think he's the best player in the league? By what metric? His PER and averages are inflated by his ridiculously high usage rate, if Harden shot 30 times a night there's not doubt in my mind he'd put up similar if not better stats. Never mind that, if KD put up 30 shots a night and told WB to get in line I think he'd put up HOF level stats. That's just what happens when you shoot 30 times a night, even if less than half of those go in you still end up with a nice number, that's how guys like Iverson, Stephon Marbury and Melo defend their playstyle, Iverson says look I got more than 5 assists a night, I'm a playmaking pg :rolleyes:

I'm not a WB hater, I don't really care about him but seeing you prop him up time and time again is getting irritating. I admit he is a top NBA player, but to say he is the best in the L is just too ridiculous to be true, in terms of potential, yes definitely WB has so much going for him: toughness, clutch gene, aggressiveness, that alpha personality to just destroy his opponent that's all amazing. But at the end of the day basketball is a team sport, as good individually as kobe is a guy like Tim Duncan who plays nice, listens to the coach and is a total team player and leader is 10x more valuable when it comes to you know, actually winning games. WB needs to prove that his selfish style of play is overpowering enough to lead his team to Ws, all of his team accomplishments right now can be attributed to KD's greatness, because really how many dominating scorers would have let somebody like WB monopolize all the shots on the squad? If KD wasn't around with his crazy efficiency, would WB chucking left and right still lead to OKC reaching the finals?

Again, WB is a top NBA player there really is no question about that. But IMHO he is also extremely flawed, if he reigns it in then great. As is though I don't think he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Curry, Harden, Lebron and KD. I mean, why not lead his team somewhere on his own first? I will be surprised OKC's record without KD but with WB extrapolated through an entire season is good enough to lead them to the playoffs.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is this a serious statement?

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Almost another triple double

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

4 straight TD

13. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Once again, did I tell you guys that RB is my fav. non Rockets? :)

BeastBrook.

Rockets are going after the wrong guy.

It should be RB they should be targeting. The guy is All heart.

What I wouldnt give to see RB in a Houston Rockets jersey.

PS. Harden and Wb are pretty good friends as well. :grin:

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

He's going to get MVP if he keeps it up

16. i3artow i3aller

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

He's an absolute monster

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>40-point triple-doubles in consecutive games in NBA history: Pete Maravich, Michael Jordan.....Russell Westbrook. (via <a href="https://twitter.com/EliasSports">@EliasSports</a>)</p>&mdash; ESPN Stats &amp; Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/573330974949433345">March 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

If he keeps getting 3D's he might but I think he missed to many games and still only the 8th seed. JJ Watt might agree with you though.

20. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Westbrook is now the NBA scoring leader. He's on my fantasy team but, Damn.