1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Russell Westbrook thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 16, 2014.

1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Thats because he does not shoot 3s.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

2008? 2001?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's almost right, he doesn't make 3's but he takes them pretty often.

4. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qvci7IjHBJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. OKCRocket

OKCRocket Member

He shot TEN threes in the loss to Phoenix. He shoots 3s all the time and it's pretty much the only thing he isn't good at.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a HUGE marketing opportunity for Russ.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Westbrook underwent a surgical procedure on a fracture to his zygomatic arch bone. He will miss Sunday's game. Will be reevaluated this week</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/status/571784093748224001">February 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sunday's game = OKC vs. Lakers.

The Lakers tanking effort is meeting a major challenge.

[​IMG]

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Westbrook underwent a surgical procedure on a fracture to his zygomatic arch bone. He will miss Sunday's game. Will be reevaluated this week</p>&mdash; Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarnellMayberry/status/571784093748224001">February 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Thanks, Roberson!

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

WB will come back even better. He gets better with every injury it seems.

12. i3artow i3aller

^
    [​IMG]
    Russ is a Super Saiyan Turtle.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I bet he learns his lesson and passes the ball more when he comes back, if not his teammates will take him out again.

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Russell Westbrook won't miss much time with surgery. &quot;If he had a playoff game (Sunday), he could play,&quot; league source tells Yahoo Sports.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/571793175532195843">February 28, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Russ Westbrook has 4 triple-doubles in his last 12 games…
    The Knicks, as a franchise, have a total of 3 triple-doubles in the last 12 years</p>&mdash; Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) <a href="https://twitter.com/TommyBeer/status/572842161005318144">March 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I bet WB is totally regretting not taking 38 shots a game his entire career now.

"Man, if I knew I'd get 40 from 38 shots a night I'd have done it sooner, best scorer In league history, baby!"

WB triple double spree has got to be the most overrated thing since Tyreke Evans averaged 20-5-5 his rookie career :rolleyes:

17. t_mac1

OKC went 9-3 in the month of February when he averaged 31/9/10. I'm sure you can do the math what 9 wins out of 12 games is.

To criticize him b/c he shot a ton for a couple of games is idiotic. No player is perfect. And to compare him to Tyreke is simply disgusting.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

they won because of him and in spite of him.

can you not separate that he is a great player that could play smarter??

it's really not that complicated

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is comparing him to Evans "simply disgusting" when you literally use the same metric (bottom line averages) that Sacramento used to pump up Tyreke? At least in Evans' case that came with the blessing of the entire Sac FO and coaching staff, in WB's case he just decided on his own that when Durant went down, he'd just take all of KD's shots and maybe a couple of shots from the other guys as well.

Saying people shouldn't criticize him for taking a ton of shots goes against logic, when's the last time WB shot 30+ attempts and his team won? The Laker game showed that the argument that "nobody can score on OKC" or "He has to ballhog" is BS, how is it that when WB is out Ibaka, Kanter and Agustin can suddenly score 15+ a night? Sure they shot a horrible percentage, but that's where a superstar is supposed to come in and help them, not take their shot attempts and limit them to like 6 shots the entire night.

You are building a straw man argument where I'm saying WB is a bad player, I'm not saying that at all, obviously WB is a good player. However, it is clear he still has a long way to go when it comes to winning basketball, so please stop with the hubris about how WB is the league's best player, or that he comes back better with every injury wtf. Super Saiyans don't shoot 43% FG and 23% from the 3.

Everybody makes fun of Brickza but both his 2 pt% and 3 pt% are higher than WB this season, the only difference is WB takes more shots a night. Sure WB is the center of the opponent's defense so it's a lot harder than what Ariza does, but at the same time if you can't separate yourself from Ariza why the F should everyone be orgasming about your nightly averages?

20. t_mac1

Good player? LOL. He's more than that. He is arguably the best player this year. It's not just me who thinks that btw. I'm glad WB is finally getting the respects he deserves for the most part. He deserves it.

Winning basketball? He's been to the Finals. And his team is WINNING with him on the floor this year (28-17 record).

Every player has faults. WB's fault is sometimes he needs to control his game. It used to happen more often than now. He has curbed his "out of control" types of games to a lesser degree this year.

Plus he plays defense. He's not like 90% of "stars" who hides behind a scrub so that scrub can defend their man.