1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Russell Westbrook thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Westbrook misses time due to a facial fracture, they should shut him and Durant down for the season.

Man, I'm starting to feel sorry for OKC.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

The man still dished 10+ assist in the last three games. Kobe would have maybe 6. Lol

3. theredbackpack

the team went 10-3 tho

4. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Got to love this ballers passion and energy out there on the court.

Stop the hating people

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Wow, so many haters... his team was just on a 7 game win streak and he's putting up historic numbers, smh. Love the way RWB plays the game.

6. i3artow i3aller

Looked super painful/violent.
    Most likely a fractured zygomatic arch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

During the PHX game WB took 38 FGA, the rest of the starters just took 31 FGA combined. If we add the FGA attempts he took that resulted in FTs, WB had 45 FG attempts to the entire OKC team's 63. Btw he only shot 33% that game, but because he ended up with 39 pts at the end of the game somehow it is dubbed as "historic" :rolleyes:

Have you ever played b-ball in real life? Have you ever had the experience of fighting hard on defense, running up and down the court only for some mofo to ISO and chuck a mid range shot with a defender in his face? Multiply that experience 38 times, is that the kind of b-ball you love? Is that your definition of playing the game the right way? I had no idea this team was called the Oklahoma Russell Westbrook, I thought it was OKC Thunder :rolleyes:

8. i3artow i3aller

9. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

These last 2 games he didn't impress me much despite having the triple doubles, 70 shots in 2 games is unacceptable.

He's still having one hell of a month though.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Who cares? That was just one game. Who else is going to score on that team besides RWB when Durant is out? Andre Roberson? He has to shoulder more of the offensive load. Westbrook is getting triple-doubles with assists. Did you watch the game tonight? You need to enjoy this instead of nitpicking and criticizing him.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook has become the gold standard for mindless chuckers in the NBA. Kobe/Melo have passed the torch.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Westbrook still rebounds, gets assists, and plays defense which other chuckers don't do

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

When that "mofo" is the best player on the court, one of the few players on the team that can create shots for himself AND others, is your best playmaker and best scorer(with KD out) then I'm pretty sure the others on the team stfu and don't question him. Especially when he is out there still dishing 10+ assists.

I doubt anyone with sense on that team is questioning how many times Russ chooses to shoot the ball during this time w/o KD.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dude's a threat with those insane numbers.

I heard similar grumblings in the media last year about a guy who couldn't play defense.

15. ferrari77

I know it's the WB thread but had to cape up for Kobe in here. No need to diss Bean, he and Harden are the only other players apart from WB to have 30 plus points 10 plus rebounds and 10 plus assists in a game this season.

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Westbrook been brilliant, stop hating

17. ferrari77

Who else was gonna take and make those shots? You giving those shots to Waiters? Roberson? Kanter? Serge?

Why won't y'all just LEEEEEAVE RUSSSS ALONE! lol.

18. ferrari77

WB leaves his teammates to fend for themselves? Who is he passing to for all those assists??? The other team?
    Saying Ibaka has basic post moves might even be a slight exaggeration. His basic post moves aren't reliable and I believe that's what Kanter is there for.

Sheesh, the WB hate is real up in here. So sad.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not mind his style of play but a lot of guys do not appreciate a superstar shooting combo guard.

He is at his best, penetrating, getting buckets, not necessarily shooting but his pick and pop is pretty good

It is the only way he knows how to play and it helps the team in some way

He is not the most efficient guy and probably not a Morey guy but he is a star type of guard.

You people are brainwashed if you think the best players are only those who are most efficient.

You play with intensity and passion and if that and your skills translate into efficiency that is even better.

You need gunners and distributors on the team.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People are b****ing about Westbrooks as if he was a Rocket once. Lol