1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Running Game

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Honestly if we draft Elliot, Arian would most likely be gone for cap purposes.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Prosch should be getting the goal line carries

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

You think the Texans are going to go with a QB that has never started a game and would have just come off a year out of football? Odds are more in favor of Savage being cut than than him being a starter going into next season.

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Cecil Shorts might be the best rb and qb on the team.

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Elliott has attitude problems, as evidenced by his inappropriate eruption after their loss on Saturday.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Who ?

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

And Blue our second best wr?

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

And Watt our best TE?

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Speaking of next year, Matt Forte might be available.

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Ezekiel Elliott from Ohio State

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If we're talking draft, I'm still sticking with the guys I've been high on. In the first round, you take the best player available. The most impact player. Whether that's a safety, a linebacker, a tight end, a defensive end, a DT, or an offensive lineman.

Then, in the second, you take Carson Wentz. He's going to be the best quarterback from this draft, in my opinion. I'd absolutely love to have him. I know I'm in the minority. I'd take Hackenberg as a second option - mainly because if O'Brien signs off on it, then it makes you feel good. He, of all people, should know what he'll get from the kid.

Then, as I've been saying all along, in the third, if he comes out, you take James Conner from Pitt. Conner is flying under the radar because of his injury this year (much like Wentz, although I expect Wentz to shoot up the boards come senior bowl). I've watched Conner since he was in high school. He's a straight up Texan kind of pick. Good kid. Loves football. Went to the only school that recruited him as a running back because that's what he wanted to do, and ever since he got there, he's done nothing but break their records. And I'm talking about records put up by great NFL backs. Dorset, Heyward, MCcoy, etc. He's also dabbled as a DE. He's Jerome Bettis with moves.

Then, Wentz sits a year behind Hoyer (a quarterback he is actually somewhat similar in style to...although with an immensely greater amount of potential) and Conner becomes the feature back. Whether he starts, or you sign a third down back like a James Starks, I'm not sure.

I can tell you this, though, a running back corps of Starks, Conner, and Grimes is a hell of a lot better than what we have.

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

didnt know about this haha. thanks :grin:

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

This is probably true.

14. TejasTom

TejasTom Member

You mean when we need to lose 1 yd, right?

15. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Why? He can't get that 1 yard when you need him to. He runs straight into the butt of one of his own linemen.

16. conquistador#11

because then he wouldn't be getting 90% of the carries.:grin:

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You dont know what you are talking about. Elliott is a great kid...who was frustrated. I would draft him #1 in a heartbeat.

18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133569/ezekiel-elliott

However, if BOB is back next season I'm not sure how much he'll like a RB that is that open with the media about his opinions and not being a "team" guy.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It's pretty amazing how teams that are built on the run (like the Texans), and really on one particular guy (Foster), like Seattle, Pitt and KC, can plug in guys like Rawls, Deangelo, and C. West, and the Texans have nothing but Alfred Blue to turn to. We've only known for forever that Arian Foster was injury prone. But I guess those teams aren't blessed with Rick Smith as GM.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think we'll see more of Grimes today. I think he's been more effective. Take away the td reception last week and Blue had a terrible game. Grimes finds and hits the hole faster.