1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rumble in LA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FranchiseBlade, Oct 25, 2002.

1. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

According to Shaquille O'Neal, it will be the most watched sporting event in the history of Christmas day television. I know I'll be watching...by then O'Neal, Bibby, and Webber will all be healthy and ready to go. Should be fun to watch and a playoff like atmosphere, and if it's anything like last year's WCF, it will be a hell of a game.

2. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

Can't wait til X-mas!

I don't care what yo daddy says
    Christmas time is he-ere
    I don't care what yo mama says
    Christmas time is ne-ear.

Do do do do do do do do
    do do do do do do do do do do

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Who got the best of it in the tunnel?

4. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

Doug Christie by far. Seemed to me he had Fox in a headlock and was just wailing away!

:)

Would you call this a melee or brouhaha?

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I call it Rick Fox getting his ass beat.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

We need a better shot of Barkley 3:16
    [​IMG]

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Fox is a moron for pulling a stunt like that. He deserves a 5 game suspension at least. I swear I was the only person in that Arena last night who knew it was preseason :eek: :eek:

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

lmao, that's like the line of the week man.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well, this whole ordeal has inspired my new sig addition.

We'd all be looking at many pics right now If i hadn't forgotten the Digital Camera :mad: :mad:

10. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

How embarrassing for Rick Fox to get an upper cut in the jaw
    on national TV, then go back and "teach that guy a lesson"
    only to get your BUTT KICKED AGAIN!
    :D

I guess you can add Doug Christy to the list of...

...players that Rick Fox (the "enforcer"), is scared of:
    Michael Finley, and Kenyon Martin, and Doug Christy.

#50 DavidS, Oct 27, 2002
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2002
  11. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Is it just me or did Christie really pull his punch? As if he knew he were making a mistake. He HAD that b**** Fox wide open! Had he really hauled out & nailed him w/that uppercut I think he could have really hurt him. It seemed more symbollic than anything.

12. DavidS

Yeah, he held back. It's was more of a "get the f*** back" punch.

13. tozai

tozai Member

All I got to say is that was awesome...Christie could've really hurt him, I think he held back...

14. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Finally the Kings understand that it takes toughness to beat the champions. Rings are going to be handed out in northern California this time next year, no matter what the LA ass-kissing media says.

15. DJ

DJ Member

Shaquille O'neal looks exactly like Brian Shaw in that picture.

16. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Yeah, he's got that frightened rabbit look. And no surprise seeing as Sir Charles just beat his ass!

17. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

I think Rick "the prick" Fox has been on the HBO series "OZ" a little too long and it's gettin to his head. He thinks he's a hard ass.

NOTE: I have completely the little respect I had for Shaq after I saw him wearin that bed-sheet.

18. DavidS

Just add some circus shoes and a big red nose and you got a real clown! <:O)

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It IS Brian Shaw...that's what DJ was telling us and he is right...

...because Shaq never got on top of Charles.

20. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Interesting...punk ass Fox now regrets what he did:

Fox: 'My emotions got hijacked'

LOS ANGELES -- Lakers forward Rick Fox regrets striking Doug Christie and then waiting near the Sacramento locker room to put a headlock on the Kings guard.

"Its just a situation where my emotions got hijacked and I regret responding the way I did," Fox said after practice Sunday. "I will try and move on from there."

Fox said he expects to be fined and suspended by the NBA. Christie also might be suspended.

The Friday night fight came in the preseason finale for both teams. Fox and Christie fought on the court in the first quarter. After their ejections, they scuffled outside the Kings' locker room.

Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal, who was in street clothes, could get suspended for leaving the bench and going to the hallway to help Fox. The entire Kings team left the bench and tried to help Christie. They all could face suspensions as well.

Fox said he knows his suspension could be the longest.

"I'll accept that," he said. "I can't argue that."

The fight started 9:53 into the game. Fox threw a right-handed elbow at Christie, who had smothered Fox on defense. Fox was called for an offensive foul and then dropped the ball on Christie. Christie, who had fallen to the court, got back up and threw the ball back at Fox.

Fox threw an openhanded left-handed slap and hit Christie in the jaw. Christie responded by hitting Fox with a left-handed punch.

After both were tossed from the game, Fox sprinted off the court, past the Lakers locker room and waited for Christie to enter the tunnel. Fox then put Christie into a headlock and Christie threw several punches at Fox.

Fox was asked Sunday if he thought about turning back before reaching the tunnel.

"No," he said. "That's the disappointing thing because I had enough time to gather myself. But now I know that about me. I learned something about myself that I didn't know, and that is I need more than three or four minutes to catch myself."

The Lakers and Kings have established one of the NBA's best rivalries. They played a seven-game series in the Western Conference finals last May, which the Lakers won 4-3.

Both teams disparaged the other, but they never fought.

"It wasn't something that I've ever done," Fox said. "I do regret it."