1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Royal Family: What do they do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YaosDirtyStache, Apr 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought Queen Elizabeth has stated that Charles will no inherit the throne and the next in line was The Fresh Prince William?

I may be wrong, but wasn't the Queen unhappy with how Charles went about his personal life and bringing down the name of the monarchy? Or something like that?

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I don't think she has that authority. Sounds like a House of Lords issue. If King Ralph is accurate, they can even chose to grant it to another house/family?

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Everyone pretty much wants Will to be next in line. The Queen can only petition Charles to give up right. Its up to him to make that decision.

5. gezza

gezza Member

I just watched the Memphis VS San Antonio Game 6 highlights on nba.com. At the start there were a couple of fans in the crowd with large cardboard heads of Will and Kate wearing Memphis headbands.

The voiceover guy called them "Prince Harry and Queen Katherine"...

Was he

1) Kidding
    2) Slip of the tongue
    3) Genuinely had no idea

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think its sad because it spending millions of Pounds, while they are instituting an austerity plan for the rest of the country, for an anachronism.

As far as the monarchy bringing them all together try telling that to people in a Celtics bar in Glasgow or in the Bogside neighborhood of Derry, Northern Ireland.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Didn't know Prince William has a bald spot.. He can't be that old, but coming from a guy who is losing his hair, it does suck though especially when you're young.. I guess it doesn't matter to him much, lol...

8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

she is good-looking, but I prefer Kate.