1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Royal Family: What do they do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YaosDirtyStache, Apr 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He probably bangs both of them.

2. what

what Member

There has been generational wealth in America from the beginning. It was made off the sweat of slaves, proud to be an American!

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

My understanding is Kate will become Queen because she married a male in the line of sucession.

But she would lose the title if anything happened to William as Harry is next in line. Harry will be trumped if William and Kate have a son.

Queen Elizabeth gained the title by being the oldest daughter of the previous King (no sons). I assume you can't gain title by marrying a female in the line of succession.

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

nice...hahaha

I didn't wake up and watch it and hope none of you guys did either...i did catch some highlights as you couldn't avoid it...good for them...and yes, the lil' sis is hawt..

6. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I thought you could but the queen would have to bestow it to her husband.

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Pics or I don't believe you. ;)

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

correct. Next in line after Charles and William will be Kate's kids(providing she has any) if they are with William.

9. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because other places are also tourist attractions doesn't mean that the royals don't attract tourist dollars.

That's like saying that because Yosemite doesn't bring in tourists because people go to Yellowstone. They actually both are able to bring in tourists. If one was gone the other would still bring in tourists.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I am an American who is proud that our country wised up 235 years ago and kicked out monarchy. As I posted on my band's Facebook page. "235 years ago we Americans kicked out William's ancestors. 90 years ago 26 counties in Ireland did and the last 6 are working on it."

If disparaging monarchy is being bad then I don't want to be good!:grin:

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And I agree that Michael Jackson dominating our news for a week was an embarrassment. What was even more embarrassing was JFK Jr dominating the news for two weeks, unfortunately the Kennedys are essentially our monarchy. When it comes to swooning over celebrity we aren't really much better and probably worse than the British.

Also I find that a sad comparison between 9/11 and the Royal Wedding. You can't remove the death and destruction from 9/11 as that was what it was about. If its just the level of patriotism then I find it sad sign that the Brits are feeling as patriotic on a day when the 3rd in line of succession to a symbolic crown as when we were viciously attacked.

While you are right that 87% of Brits have a favorable impression of the monarchy I'm guessing most of that is limited to England proper. I can tell you many in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland don't feel that way even though they are considered British. Also I wonder how many British have paused to consider that while millions of pounds are being spent on this royal wedding that the Cameron government is instituting an austerity plan.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Online it says she would become queen, but only by title, AKA queen consort, but not an equal queen to queen elizabeth (queen regnant).

By the way, what would happen if Prince William was gay??

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

His official full name:

His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Early of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus, Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Master of Arts.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AHY2UzOonig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

While the monarchy is much closer to being celebrity status than ruling power, its all about heritage. This isn't Henry VIII or George III. Im not exactly sure why you think its sad to have a high level of patriotism on a day of continuing their heritage. There does not need to be huge riots or atrocities to garner patriotism. The British are probably more fickle about different regions in their own country than we are about ours. This is what I respect about their monarchy in it brings them all together.

17. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

she is hot

[​IMG]

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

LOL couldn't stop laughing seeing this pic. Also the looks on the faces of the little kids makes it even more hilarious.

19. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I guess she could.

The interesting thing is when Charles takes the throne whether Camilla will remain a Duchess or become Queen.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A little on the Anorexic side. She ok.
    Would not kick out of bed. . but not HOT in the sense that I been
    seening around the interwbes

Celebrity Comparison: Calista Flockhart

Rocket River