1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Royal Family: What do they do?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YaosDirtyStache, Apr 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Yeah cause nobody ever visits Neuschwanstein or the Sun Palace since there are no standing monarchs there anymore.

2. rage

rage Member

You need to do more research.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

why? I'm asking the question. Do you know or are you just trying to be a smart ass with nothing to contribute.

4. rage

rage Member

Hmm, I could give you the answer even when your fat ass were to lazy to look it up but you didn't want an answer. You attacked them without knowing the facts, so I gave you the most polite answer which you didn't deserve. There, how about that contribution?

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kav0FEhtLug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Take up a lot of news time that could be spent covering something more important like the NFL draft or pretty much anything else. Royal coverage should just be moved to TMZ or Entertainment tonight.

Thank you George Washington that my American tax dollars aren't going to pay for this anachronistic celebration of a blessedly bygone empire.

NSFW
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2rgRg6j8mQo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#66 rocketsjudoka, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

2 billion people are watching the wedding and this should be a non event on the news? And we wonder why other countries think Americans are out of touch with the rest of the world.

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Millions of people around the world watch American Idol and variants. I don't think those should be news either. As I said above the British Royal family is anachronism of a bygone empire that has transitioned to being celebrities.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Man I'm so jealous of the Royal Family, ****!!! I wish I had that kind of power and respect, damn must feel like god to them...

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

They don't really have much power. They are basically the world's richest government welfare recipients.

11. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Royalty is the original celebrity and every democracy loves celebrity. So basically you're a commie who's more interested in hearing about the latest theft at Wal Mart and white trash being evacuated to build high rises and weather patterns on local Eyewitness news.

It must feel good being so bad.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why did 2 billion people watch this??? I find it hard to believe that roughly 1/3 of the entire Earth watched this.

13. VanityHalfBlack

2 billion people really????

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

while I hesitate to completely disparage the Royal Wedding (I took a peek myself), there's plenty of legitimate things going on that the Royal Wedding has bumped aside a bit.

tornadoes in America
    unrest in Yemen, Syria, Bahrain
    civil war in Libya
    suicide bombing in Morocco
    China's arbitrary arrest of human rights activists

etc. etc. things you kinda wished had the focus of 2 billion eyes, but which you know never will

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The are over 3.5 billion woman in the world, and a good number of homosexual men. Those are your viewers right there.

16. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

An accurate reflection of the society we live in.

None of these events inspire positive imagery or relate to the masses. The royal wedding is every little girl's fantasy and it gives women something positive to analyze. More importantly, people want to feel like they're a part of something big that involves some semblance of celebrity (marketed as greatness). So one thing leads to another and everyone starts tuning in to see what the fuss is about.

And if you're in England, you sure as hell don't have a life, so you just go and cheer. Kind of like woodstock.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

A few days ago, I had an unfavorable opinion of the wedding, but the more I payed attention, the more I respected what is going on. This is not just a celebrity event. This is not an event that happens every couple years, or in many cases, every couple days in the examples listed above. This signifies the future of their monarchy, not in who could be king or queen in 50 years, but their offspring. Again, this is their heritage, not form of government. I would say its pretty impressive when 87% of Britain's have a favorable opinion of their monarch.
    The patriotism that is going on today in Britain matches that of which was found here on 9/11 ... minus the destruction and the loss of 3000 lives, and the hundreds of thousands of lives in the war after, and the global economic distraught that was soon to follow. Are we really criticizing what the news broadcasts for one day? Michael Jackson dominated our news for a week, and outside of his music talent, he was a complete embarrassment.

18. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'd hit it.....Kate that is.

19. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

So Kate will never become queen?

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Some of the girls here at work were looking at the photos and talking about hot hot her sister is...

I agree with them, Kate's sister is hot.