1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets the trendy upset pick "IF" we make the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nadman89, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Buckcheeks

Buckcheeks Member

Plagiarism.

2. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I don't see us upsetting anyone but ourselves. There are AGAIN huge if factors and question marks when we do make the playoffs namely:

1) Will Lowry be healthy?
    2) Will Lowry be playing well enough in the final stretch?
    3) Will Lowry will be starting and if so, how will that affect Dragic' play?
    4) Will Martin be back and can he still score even with soreness in his shoulder?
    5) Will Lee go back to the bench and will it affect him?
    6) Will Martin be comfortable with a sixth man role, scorer off the bench?
    7) If Lowry is not back, how will our PG rotation be?
    8) Who is going to back up Lee in case Martin is not back?
    9) Which Dalembert is going to show up: the lazy one or the active one?
    10) Will Patterson finally get into his groove and start getting those rebounds?

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I want to see Dragic play a game against Parker. But even if he looks better than Lowry agaisnt Parker, I don't see us being able to compete against San Antonio.

OKC is ripe for an upset.....again.

Lakers and Spurs are 2 best teams in the West.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

People need to stop dreaming about "superstars" coming to Houston, it will just lead to disappointment. Lets's focus on developing what we already have and what we will have after the draft.

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

When you average them out we have better pgs. Centers not really, Ibaka and Perkins, if you consider Ibaka a center. Younger, faster, more athletic. We have decent centers though, it's no longer our glaring weakness. We can't beat OKC realistically, but we could beat anyone else, maybe even SAS.

6. cardpire

cardpire Member

exactly. 2 miraculous 1-point wins.

i'd rather play any team other than the spurs and okc, personally. i consider those the 2 that we have no shot against.

7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Playoff Odds West pairings as of today: 4) Utah(!) v. 5) Clippers, 1) OKC v. 8) Dallas; 3) Lakers v. 6) Memphis 2) San Anto v. 7) Houston</p>&mdash; John Hollinger (@johnhollinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/183591881001807872" data-datetime="2012-03-24T16:31:30+00:00">March 24, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rather play Spurs or OKC?

8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Well, Dallas fell as #1, Spurs last year, so sure, OKC, why not?

You always have a chance..

Let's not get too excited

9. everyday eddie

Just keep it close and hope for an upset. Hopefully Rockets get in...Can't Wait! (Bart Scott voice)

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Just don't get the Lakers, Rockets Big Men are too soft in the post to deal with any post threats..

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'd rather get to 4 and play whoever is at 5 with OKC maintaining the #1 seed. That' the ideal scenario for us. And it's doable.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

When I saw the thread title I didn't know if someone had bumped a thread from last year... or the year before.

13. Garner

Garner Member

OKC.

If the season ended today, I think the Spurs would come out of the West this year.

14. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

The Spurs adding Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw makes them even better. Not to mention Manu is back. I wouldn't want to play against the Spurs in the first round. I'd like to be against OKC IMO.

15. Damion Laverne

I think that the team would be better served playing OKC because Westbrook is still a mentally unstable PG that Dragic could easily frustrate over a 7-game series. The Thunder don't really have any easy way to get baskets down low (no post threats).

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I forgot how much Dragic gave Westbrook fits. Possibly facing OKC in the 1st round looks better and better everyday.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Harden is the only player on the Thunder that gives Rockets trouble.

18. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

OKC. They only score from their perimeter guys, we have shut down defenders across the perimeter, it's a perfect counter. The guys were always switching on the perimeter last game, it was fun to watch when you don't have liability from Martin.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'd pick the Spurs if Tony Parker didn't torch us everytime he played us.