1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets suck in NBA2K11!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Merla08, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Does anyone else find it extremely hard to win with the Rockets in NBA2K11 on XBOX360? I've been trying very hard to find a way to win with the Rockets when I play online against other people, but their lack of a Superstar in the game makes it almost impossible to win against the Heat, Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, etc.

Aaron Brooks and Scola miss way too many layups. Kevin Martin has the hardest shot in the game to perfect and the only guy I can hit 3's with is Chase Budinger. I have the shot indicator on and yes its green when I shoot with all our guys and yes they're wide open and the status meter for their shot is usually at least 4 bars lit, but yet I still miss wide open 3's and jumpers. Yao Ming isnt even on the roster and trying to play without Aaron Brooks 2 weeks ago was depressing.

Does anyone have any success with them online? lol

2. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Wrong forum
    and only kevin martin sucks in 2k11

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Lol I feel the same way at times. They destroyed K-Mart's ability to score :(

4. bigben998

bigben998 Member

I agree but I still use them every game. I have had better success with Lee at pg. Kmart will make hard shots but miss every easy one. Brooks is on and off. I tried one game with Thunder and dominated. Scola is great when you get the drop step going but half the time you get the off the back of the backboard shot or charging. Its frustrating cause every person online picks the Heat now.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Kevin Martin is the easiest to score with on 2k. I always play with the Rox and Kevin is always the player of the game. Hold down X for about half a second (just enough to shoot the ball instead of a pump fake) and it's money from 3.

1 person likes this.
  6. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

You can turn on the shot indicator outside of the practice mode?

Yea, the Rockets are 19th overall in the game for a reason, they just aren't that good and I agree with everything you said, except that I can make lay ups with Scola most of the time.

7. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

What?
    I find Martin to have one of the easiest shots. It's practically impossible to release his shot too early, which means just do as quickly as possible.
    Haven't played 2K after Yao's injury, but I didn't find them that hard. Of course, Yao was stupid broken in 2K, as he had none of those problems handling the ball that he does in real life.

8. Htown's2kFinest

You guys just are new to the game or suck. :p

Rockets are DEEPEST team on the game even without Yao. I don't lose with them online. Martin's shot is automatic from mid-range. Use the button for his shot cause it's super quick, which is better cause it's really hard to block. Plus he's a great slasher on the game. Draws fouls and makes tuff layups. Scola is automatic from mid-range. Twill is like Lebron James lite. He will dunk on your whole team if you know this one move. Budinger is like a white Gerald Wallace with a jumper. Hill is a good rebounder, can dunk it, and can help defend he paint some. Battier has a nice shot from the corner and locks it down. Lowry is good all around. Ish Smith plays like Ish Smith. Courtney Lee has a sweet J and plays tuff defense. Jeffries is the X-factor lol. His length, mobility, and defensive awareness makes him a menace on D. He will get tips, steals and some blocks from time to time. Before with Yao in, I would start JJ next to him and they would literally lock the paint down.

I haven't even mentioned Brooks too. His shot offline is wet but I just started to get the hang of his shot online. He is a problem if you get his shot down cause he's lighting quick. Rockets are one of the best teams on 2k and will be as long as I'm around. ;)

9. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

^^So do u work for 2k sports?

H2K?

10. Htown's2kFinest

That team ranking mean absolutely nothing. It's just a number 2k can put on a team for the power rankings. It has really nothing to do with the ratings. If Miami sucked complete balls and had no wins, 2k could just simple input a low ranking for them but their team would still be sick cause they have the Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Same goes for our team or any team. X team could have ten 99 rated players but still have a low ranking if they are ranked low in reality. For me, I prefer that our team is ranked lower on the game, just as long as our players are beast. :grin: Means more people will be underestimating them which is cool with me.

11. landryMVP

landryMVP Member

use the stepback button with kmart (Y) and then shoot im cash all the time with him

12. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

lets meet up. im up for the challenge mr. imbetterthaneveryoneelseat2k11 ;)

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Is it me or is it ridiculously hard to pass in 2k11? So effin frustrating. A guy will be open and the pass goes cross court for example. I'm a turnover machine! Even on fastbreaks :eek:

14. Htown's2kFinest

it's just you :p

15. timelordtwo

timelordtwo Member

pick and roll with jordan hill. trust me. also cherry pick with KM like in real games.. if they look like they're about to miss, run down to the other end and scola or whoever grabs the rebound will bomb it.

16. Codeo

Codeo Member

Use the directional passing, which I think is left button. Not sure as I've been away from home and my ps3 for a bit, but it allows you to move the guy you're passing it to towards an open space. When you master that it really allows for you to make a more open pass and create space.

1 person likes this.
  17. Codeo

Codeo Member

And like others have said, pick and roll with J-Hill is money, and Kmart's shot becomes almost unbalanced when you master it.

18. TheGoldenGreek

For me Brooks and Martin are money in 2k11. You just have to release "X" very quickly for Martin. Brooks has a more normal release and once he's hot he can't miss. Also an effective gameplan is calling an iso and then penetrating with Brooks/Lowry. The defense usually collapses leaving Scola open for a midrange J which he usually hits.

19. Merla08

Merla08 Member

Yea I have no problem vs the computer or offline, but when I play online, their shooting isn't as good. 2k9 was so much easier and tmac and yao were a beast. I went from 90% winning online to about 60% in 2k11. I just need more practice lol. I really hope we get some more talent soon!

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No, it's really not. My friends who have played forever are having the same issues.

Thanks Codeo for the suggestion. Repped!