1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets Organization GTFO of Clutchfans thread, please

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tomjc, Jul 10, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomjc

tomjc Member

ok, there's no way that Lowry thread should have been closed... I would like an honest opinion of regulars here, how many of you suspect that this forum is now infiltrated by corporate?

2 people like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh come on, Clutch changed the name of this place to remain free to post what he wants.

I suspect that thread was closed because it was based upon a Tweet in which no one knew what it meant.

or maybe:

DD

#2 DaDakota, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

My honest opinion is that this thread sucks.

4. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

In a related note, earlier today a thread called "What now MOREY?", in which several forum members were voicing their lack of confidence in the so-far uneventful off season, mysteriously disappeared.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The CIA and Toycen asked that it be closed.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

is it possible it was merged with another thread...

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Because their opinions could have been posted in hundreds of other existing offseason moves threads.

Christ, how could someone that's been here all of 5 months even feel comfortable putting forth such ridiculous connspiracy theories?

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It wasn't deleted, just locked.

9. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Yeah, it can only hurt us to keep probing. He probably just had too much to drink and could you blame him with the contracts getting handed out? Being a RFA is tough because of what it makes your team pretend to think for leverage's sake.

To maximize your position, you basically have to say "no one wants you. you suck as a basketball player." thats what the corrilians say.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Twice they locked a thread on Morey signing Luther Head. Corporate doesn't want Rockets to know that Lowry is being replaced with Head!

We hate HEAD!
    We hate HEAD!
    We hate HEAD!
    Everybody say it! :grin: ;)

12. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

clearly, powerful and shadowy figures are lurking behind the scenes. keep on fighting. the truth is out there.

13. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I blame ToyCen for all of this crazy conspiracy stuff. Even our better posters like Carl Herrera have been affected recently. :grin:

Seriously though, people are just mistaking the mods not wanting crappy threads for censoring. I can understand why some people felt that the Lowry Twiiter thread should have remained open but it was based on one ambiguous tweet and speculation was running rampant (including by myself).

If we find out that Lowry truly is disgruntled, I'm sure there will be a legit thread about it that the mods will fully endorse.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

15. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  16. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Don't think it's anything other than an new admin going a little crazy with his powers.

I guess I'll be banned now.

17. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

no homo

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wow. The Lowry thread was closed because it had pure speculation and no fact behind it. A tweet was made, big deal. Who is to say that wasn't Lowry talking about Indiana low balling him? It really could have gone in either way. This thread is going in that same direction. The topic at hand is not being addressed and people are speculating with no merit.

19. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

.............................................................................

20. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I used to argue in favor of Twitter being a useful resource of getting information, but the amount of jaw-droppingly stupid threads such harmless/meaningless tweets generate is beginning to overwhelm the moderators, I imagine.

Let's stop trying to psychoanalyze every single tweet a player makes, shall we?

And r****ded threads getting locked somehow means a conspiracy with Rockets staff on the website? What?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.