1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rockets have the deepest roster in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Oct 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pirytic

Pirytic Member

OP remains correct. Do you have any idea how deep they feel?

2. ibm

ibm Member

we are so deep... now it's our role players all suck so harden needs help.

which one is it?

someone asked me yesterday where i got the idea that many were saying we're deep. i was too lazy to dig. lol.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

We just got caught up in the WCF appearance as much as anyone. Let's look at each individual:

Beverley
    - bad position defender, so so 1-on-1 defender, almost never goes into the paint to score so just dribbles around, not great handles, can't create, not much of a midrange shot, bad FT shooter and fouls a lot.
    + energy, effort, 3pt shooting off of a pass, steals, offensive rebounding

Harden
    - horrible position defender, team defender and bad 1-on-1 defender, reaches too much, picks up his dribble easily
    + passer (if he doesn't try to bounce it all the time), creator, midrange shooter, 3pt shooter, rebounder, FT shooter

Ariza
    - handles, passing, finisher at the basket
    + 3pt shooter, decent midrange shooter, playing passing lanes, defender all around, steals

Josh
    - bad post player, horrible shooter all around, bad rebounder for his position
    + vision, shot blocker, decent defender, passer

Howard
    - horrible shooter, bad post player, TO prone, passer
    + rebounder, dunker, creating space, defense

Lawson
    - everything
    + nothing

Terry
    - almost everything because of his age
    + shooter

Brewer
    - handles, all-round defense, overplays passing lanes and reaches too much, passing, rebounding, shooting
    + crazy shots, run like hell, keep running

TJ
    - bad rebounder for his position, all-round shooter, horrible defender, handles, passing, finish at the rim / inside the paint, horrible post player, tunnel vision
    + shot blocker

D-Mo
    - horrible rebounder, below average defender, FT shooter
    + passing, post player, 3pt shooter

Harrell
    - a lot
    + energy, rebounding, tip-ins, finisher around the rim

Capela
    - all round defense, all round shooting, handles / catching the ball
    + rebounding, shot blocking, finish and touch around the rim

KJ
    - a lot
    + shot blocking & dunking

Dekker
    inconclusive

All in all we do not have that deep of a team. Time to start over next year.

4. chandlerbang21

Gonna suck when capella is the starting center next season when howard goes ring chasing like the rest of the old guys

5. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I don't know. We have been exposed since last year. What we lack his hustle and brains.

I look at golden state. To me the sum of their parts is greater than their individual abilities. Take any of those players and put them on another team unde another coach and they are just a decent piece to a team except for Curry. He is on his way to being the best pure shooter in league history. Barring injury I expect Ray Allens record to fall. However, put them all together under that system that Kerr is running and they are a juggernaut.

I wonder what a real system and coach could do with our group. No, they would not be a golden state. But they would't be the pot of spoiled eggs they are now stinking up Toyota center.

You hear that Morey. Quit shoving your 3 heavy crap on this group. That's like asking a bunch of autistic kids to excel at selling Amway. They can't succeed at that.