1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have no shooters.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Dec 20, 2013.

Tags:
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They just sent a pretty good shooter back to the D-league. They need to get Daniels back up here now. Give him minutes so that he can develop some kind comfort with the team before playoffs. They really shouldn't have sent him back.
    We are going to need another dead eye shooter like him to beat OKC.

2. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

i keep it real...yes i got exicted b/c we had a good week last week but just when people start to notice us and give up praise we come out and play like ****

3. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

It happens.
    Luckily we match up better against the Bulls so that should be a bounce back win with a chance for another statement against Miami on Sunday.

4. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

IMO if matchups dont work then we should of got players that we could match up better...harden cant be carrying this team like this or hes gonna be done before he reaches 27 smh

5. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Does high blood pressure run in your family?
    If so, you may not make it 27 either.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

we could have used troy daniels tonight. all those bricked 3s by hamilton.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is the problem i have with their D-league situation. They 2 good shooters languishing away in the valley. Those players should have been with the all along. Canaan and Daniels have wasted enough time with the Vipers. Especially Canaan. We are going to need better bench scoring in the playoffs and those two are the answer. We have 18 games left to get them into the rotation. They could get something going.

8. errpac

errpac Member

Dude we lost to the thunders and now you think we won't make the playoffs? Lol, that's a bit pessimistic.

9. errpac

errpac Member

Waayy too much negativity here. Just the other day people were saying how good we are. The rockets are a very good team. Is there still some issues the team needs to work on. Sure, parsons and Howard both said that before the game. They want to get better and they will. We got torched by Durant, and yes we will have a hard time beating them if the playoff dtarted today. But this team will continue to improve, the motto is to keep improving. We're probably not going to win it all this year, but this is a two to three year plan for morey. The team is playing up to expectations already. I'm hoping we get to the conference finals at least though. If we can win it all even better, I'm not going to say this team can't.

10. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

What's the deal? The Rockets have many players who shoot the 3. But they also play inside the arc aside from Garcia. It's not a fair comparison if you're trying to make them out as Kyle Korvers. We have a winning record so I wouldn't worry so much.

11. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Rome wasn't built in a day. As much as you may want more shooters when all Morey had to offer was player minimum deals we were lucky to get Broks Garcia and Casspi. I think it's amazing Morey was able to deal Brooks for Hamilton.

Next year we have a little more flexibility. I think Hamilton will probably resig with room exception. We probably bring Papadoo over. We draft a 3 point shooting stretch 4 and sign one other 3 point shooter. And there is always the possibility of trading Lin or Asik. Personally I revisit the Rondo deal and sign the best stretch 4. Plus DMo is improvong and he has good form so I see no reason for him to be a 35% 3 point shooting stretch 4 next year.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Biggest priority this off season. Melo isn't saving this team, if everyone else is shooting under 33% from three.

It would help to get him, since he's shooting the three well, but they would still need one more real shooter, assuming they also keep Daniels, and well, actually play him...

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Literally the only good thing to come from these playoffs is we know Daniels will be a rotation player next year. Dude is lights out.

14. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

3s wont cut it in the playoffs. We never have a reliable mid range whereas Portlands got Aldridge.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

All of the rockets' main perimeter players shot a decent percentage from 3 over the course of the regular season. The problem is their three point shooting percentage was increased by good ball movement and successful Harden penetration. They really aren't naturally good shooters. They're streaky guys taking open jumpshots. When the defense tightens up in the post season they aren't getting those same shots.

The only pure shooters we had this season were Aaron Brooks and Troy Daniels. But, teams go deep in the playoffs all the time without pure shooters. More than anything you need to be able to play defense.

16. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

The ball gets sticky we get stagnant we don't hustle... Hyperventilate!

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

We're like 1 of 15 from threes in crunch time. Considering how every point has counted in this series, we'd probably be up 3-1, if we were just 5 of 15. and that's just crunch time. Earlier in the games, better 3 pt shooting would help extend leads and not make it a close game at the end.

Also, the point is to also free up Dwight. It's harder for them to double. If they close in hard, then the midrange can be open, with a pump fake and dribble.

defense is an issue, but with harden being a big part of what we're doing, we're going to have to make our offense as good as possible because the defense will never reach it's full potential with him, unless he changes dramatically.

18. bmd

bmd Member

Yes, some teams go deep in the playoffs without many pure shooters. But those teams are built differently.

For THIS team, they need shooters.

I made this thread back in December and I still stick by it.

We saw how well an undrafted rookie D-leaguer has helped in the playoffs in very limited minutes because he's lights out.

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I thought Moreyball would cover all this up?

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It did, but it doesn't work in the playoffs, when you're forced to shorten the rotation. During the season, you just rotate the streaky shooters, as they get hot or cold.