1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets have landed James Harden!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 27, 2012.

?

The Rockets landed James Harden for K-Mart, Lamb + draft picks. Do you like the move?

1. YES

1,287 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. NO

215 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Feigen says the draft picks are from Toronto and Dallas. We keep our own first rounder next year (which will be probably end up being in the familiar end-of-lottery range).

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
    [rquoter]Statement from Rockets GM Daryl Morey on trade for Harden: "James is the foundational, franchise-type player we have been seeking the past few seasons. He makes us better from day 1 & will play a big part in helping get us back to a championship level."

Chandler Parsons on trade: "Obviously it's sad to c Kevin & Jeremy go. U develop relationships off the court w/ them. I think James Harden is an unbelievable player. James Harden is 1 of the top shooting guards in the NBA. He'll really improve our offense a lot."[/rquoter]

3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Oh boy, because some random internet poster said it, I believe him. You better come with something stronger than that for me or anyone to believe you.

I watch basketball, and understand what I'm watching. Harden has the same skillset as Ginobili. He can efficiently score from anywhere, hits his free throws, and can run an offense in a pinch. He plays the passing lanes like Manu, and even flops like Manu.

James Harden is one of the top 10-20 players in the NBA under the age of 25. You make this deal all day and on Sunday. He also may not be worth a max deal, but he's very close. He's a perennial all star shooting guard for the next decade.

1 person likes this.
  4. conquistador#11

I'd rather have horford and play him at the four.:p

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

If he was then we wouldn't have been able to trade him for Kmart, Lamb and some iffy picks.

I hope you realize we got a steal man...

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Go grab a cold lamb chop out of the fridge, chew on the damn thing while walking into the middle of the nearest street, then look for a bus driven by Sandy Bullock. It should be going fast enough. Now walk in front of it.

Thanks in advance!

Classic likes this.
  7. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Can we get some new uniforms now??!!! :grin:

8. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

I speak truth. The r****d will be you once James Harden falls short of expectations

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

i'm sorry you are confused. I stand by what I said. I see what I see, maybe you don't.

10. tefunk

tefunk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Houston has been star shopping since Yao retired. Harden is going to put up big, big numbers with the Rockets</p>&mdash; Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI/status/262421315716251648" data-datetime="2012-10-28T05:11:31+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Could @<a href="https://twitter.com/jharden13">jharden13</a> lead the @<a href="https://twitter.com/nba">nba</a> in scoring with Rockets?</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/262422446693576704" data-datetime="2012-10-28T05:16:01+00:00">October 28, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Great GREAT move by the Rockets

Martin wasnt in their future plans

Lamb has a lot of potential and can be a really good to great player in the league or he could be an average guy -- he is still an unknown

the two picks could potentially be lotto picks down the road we dont know, but its good to know I can root for Lowry again to keep Toronto competitive in the east.

Basically the Rockets took a guy who wasn't going to be in their plans and 3 "unknowns" and turned it into one of the league most up and coming stars.

Not to mention they still have enough room (according to Bima) to sign another max FA next year.

-- as for OKC they did pretty well in the trade but obviously losing a player like Harden could have major ramifications. Martin is not the play maker Harden is and Lamb is not either. The picks will help them greatly down the road but they went to the finals last season - as young as the Thunder are -- make no mistake they are in "win now" mode

1 person likes this.
  12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think Mchale wants them to share the ball too much to allow Harden to score enough to lead the league...but ~24-25 is possible imo.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I would be fine with the 14th pick now that we have a high potential player on the roster. The only reason to get high picks was to obtain a young player like Harden.

1 person likes this.
  14. tefunk

tefunk Member

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/blockbuster-deal-brings-james-harden-houston

2 people like this.
  15. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

Great, now we got one that goes right only and another goes left only backcourt, So now they complement each other. :p

16. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Really excited to see the Harden/Lin backcourt.

Both dudes can get to the basket and live at the free throw line.

Harden is one of the most efficient dudes in the league and definitely star caliber and I'm hoping Lin will get to that level as well eventually.

Took Harden about 2 full seasons to develop and Jeremy hasn't even played the equivalent of one yet. With a guy like Harden next to him I think it will help Lin out a great deal.

No matter what happens as far as playoff picture, this team is going to be fun as hell to watch this season!

17. Classic

Classic Member

Good lord, I don't get the negativity here.

Harden is a known baller at age 23. Why are people moaning at potential in Lamb or a declining injury-prone spot up shooter...who by the way didn't get his BS foul calls last year after the league cracked down on the lean in jumpers? We have a really great young core to build on. I'm ****in stoked. Don't understand the people that aren't. Guess as a LONG TIME fan of 20+ years, I see this deal differently.

Go Rox.

Deckard likes this.
  18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Zr7lY4WsFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Presti made the deal to get Lamb and the picks. Martin is not very good, healthy or not. While he may score 20, because of his lack of effort on defense, he gives up just as much on the other end if not more. That's not a winning player, period.

Also, I disagree on the long term outlook. If you get an elite scoring 4 on this team, they are absolutely championship contenders. Parsons and Asik are good glue guys that play defense, Harden is the championship caliber 2, and Lin is a solid point guard with upside. Plug in a guy like Jefferson, Josh Smith, etc at the 4, and they will be an upper echelon team in the West.

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

All is well in the world tonight.