1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets front office rebuilding process makes no sense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 5, 2012.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This outrage is so outrageous that my rage is still raging.

Seriously, every time I read posters who defend Morey's supposed genious, I want to hurl. I strongly suspect Boston or whatever rock he crawled out from under sent Morey here to shoot the Rockets down.

2. Pete the Cheat

you don't say? please enlighten us further

3. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

Not to mention they trade away Kyle Lowry before Martin and Scola LOL. If anything, Kyle Lowry is still young and signed to a super value contract. I am so confuse right now.

4. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

LOL, enough with the Dwight talk. We dont even have the talent his Magic teams had. Pointless, we would be in the same situation next year, except with less draft picks to have a chance to build upon.

5. LALaw

LALaw Member

Apparently we are ready to go to war next season with a rookie power forward starting at the point:rolleyes:

Bring it up court, Royce

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

Howard isn't coming or staying here with nobody but kids to play with.

7. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

It was within the context of the other poster saying that the rockets would stack the roster around howard. So in reality my response was warranted and your sarcasm was not.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

like i said...moves would be made. Again, im personally not very optimistic the plan will unfold like Morey expects or wants it to, but i understand what he's trying to do. The focus is on getting Dwight right now. We will have some talent, even if we trade for him. Solid role guys, but not totally stripped down. Morey is likely going to try and clear up more space to go after CP, smith, millsap, etc (2013 FA class), in addition to resigning Dwight.

We're slowly becoming the only option for Dwight, well for the Magic. once you get dwight, you put up with his **** this season and then promise him the moon next offseason. Again, at least that seems to be the plan.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Fine with tanking. Lowry makes Toronto a little better and probably pushes them behind us in the lottery. We get their pick around 10.

Knicks will match Lin and go into cap hell. Teams all around the league seem content capping out. Good news when you have money to sign a player outright to a max.

Jeremy Lamb, Sergio Llull, Chandler Parsons, Royce White, Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Patrick Patterson, Omer Asik, Marcus Morris. Pretty good role players to have when you add a couple superstars through the lottery ala the OKC method plus all that cap room

10. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

You could weare this T-shirt and ask the front office right away ... just make an appointment. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It seems like the Magic didnt want lowry, for whatvr reason....rockets trade for a semi-high pick, which may be what the Magic want. Not all teams want established players, even good ones. Sometimes they want options and freedom to pick themselves.

12. Mr_Mean

Mr_Mean Member

[​IMG]

13. Raven

Raven Member

And all of this could have been avoided if the Rockets had simply lost a dozen more games last season. Such a price to pay and for what? Bragging rights that we won't do the sensible thing and tank?

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

The Raptors are a playoff team ese

Jonas and Lowry together will be a BEAST combo