1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The ROCKETS club of 38 and 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 11, 2012.

1. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

15/10 :confused: Those number for a PG will cost close to max if not max....

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if you don't know who Ricky Davis is then you don't know anything about hip hop music or juice or new jack city or nba basketball, when it was fantastic.

get on your dad's macbook and youtube him. you guys are lazy as tmac in the off season.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I do,,,he is one of four Rockets players in the 50 pt Club. Not two like you hurriedly said a few pages ago.:p

4. tinman

Supporting Member

come on 99er, i just put a couple of examples, i didn't say that was the full list.

5. heypartner

btw: I have the same amount of greenies as you, and I am Yao Ming status,,,apparently, he is equal to Moses according to the Greenie Master, Clutch...so there!

1 person likes this.
  6. zdrav

zdrav Member

No way! How can that be when I easily average 20-15 with ******* Mike Conley in NBA 2K13?

Get a grip, moran! LOL

Lin should be averaging 18-12 right now, AT THE MINIMUM!

7. tinman

Supporting Member

i'm moses status! here i'll give you some rep, all 99ers should be Moses Malone status.

Cause we believe in the ten commandments of Clutchfans!

Thou shall not be player only fan
    Thou shall defend Clutch City and it's history from non believers

and you know the rest

8. heypartner

wow, that added a lot of points. Go check your rep points right now. Then check it again in about 15 minutes, and watch what my rep adds to it. I think Greenies plus Start Date is used in the rep power formula.

Your OP does deserve a rep, anyhow.

9. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

OMG, big deal! I started to follow NBA in early 1980s, and Rockets in the early 1990s. The game is totally a different game from the old days. It has been changed to sell more Nike shoes by Stern. The system has been set up to make it hard for team basket to succeed anyway. It's all about star power. And of course, we fans all treat NBA stars like Heroes. After all, it is like Hollywood to make some shows to entertain us. Old fans and new fans are all equally Rockets fans, this is what I am trying to say.

1 person likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

that doesn't define what a 99er is.

a 99er is one who came to clutch fans for pure reasons. it's a brotherhood of heroes. nothing is wrong with non 99ers, we're just the chosen ones.

11. torocan

torocan Member

You're delusional.

According to basketball reference, since 1980/81, only 15 players in HISTORY have averaged 15 ppg, 10 apg, and 4 or less TO/s over an entire season.

Here's the list.

Michael Adams
    Sleepy Floyd
    Tim Hardaway
    Kevin Johnson
    Magic Johnson
    Jason Kidd
    Andre Miller
    Steve Nash
    Norm Nixon
    Chris Paul
    Mark Price
    John Stockton
    Rod Strickland
    John Stockton
    Isiah Thomas
    Deron Williams

If Lin averaged 15/10 with 4 or less TO's for more than one season, he'd not just be Elite, he'd be a potential MVP/Hall of Fame candidate.

http://www.basketball-reference.com...lt=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=player&order_by_asc=Y

Seriously, folks need to get their expectations back to reality.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

how do you leave Oscar Robertson off the list? he averaged a triple double.
    i know he played before 81, but that was the first guy that came up as the ultimate in this category.

13. torocan

torocan Member

Basketball reference's general search engine only goes as far back as 80/81 in the search engine. That was the year they instituted the 3 point line rule.

Given the change, I think it's fair that they don't default search years prior to that, but you CAN ask it to search before that (though the comparisons won't be very reasonable).

14. heypartner

You should start a thread in the NBA Dish forum about this. I don't think this is true. NBA titles have always been won largely by star players -- certainly dating back to 1981. Nothing significantly new has happened in the 00s to make team ball less a factor in winning championships. Plus, the best defensive team in the playoffs are still the most dangerous, and win a lot.

but I digress. Start a thread in the Dish, and let's continue this discussion, so we don't derail this thread.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

of course that was a lot of points. when 99ers give props, that's the real deal holyfield

16. Jedster

Jedster Member

Well, in spite of what you say, that is my expectation. I simply think he's that good.
    Now instead of telling me how unrealistic I am, how about you just tell me your own expectations.

Mind you, don't put down 35 mins, 7 pts and 5 assists and then tell me it is so low because you think he is a scrub. Cos I want to hear what you expect from him in order for him NOT to be a scrub in your eyes.

17. torocan

torocan Member

12 and 6 would be very reasonable for his salary. That would put him right around Mike Conley last year (similar salary).

I use (ppg/2 + ast) = pg value (PGV) as a very rough rule of thumb before looking at TO, Steals, Rebounds or blocks. So, 12/6, 10/7, 8/9, 14/5 (values of 12) would all be worth about the same depending on what you're asking of them as a player.

So, any PGV of above 12, adjusted for pace and minutes (assuming steals/blocks/rebounds/TO's are around league average) would be satisfactory.

12/10 (PGV = 16) or 18/9 (18 PGV) are Elite levels of play.
    Any PGV from 13-15 is above average to approaching all star PG play.

You can work it out from there.

**I actually don't use ppg/2, but it's a good rough rule of thumb at first glance. I much prefer p/40 or p/36, and I look to factor in TO, Steals, Rebounds, PPP, PPP allowed, etc, etc, but that's a whole other discussion.

18. dragonz

dragonz Member

You cant take anyone at any given day of your life.

Now that's cynical.

19. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Bro, calm down, you're going to throw out your back sucking your own dick.

2 people like this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's called kidnapping.