1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard: You’ve Been Had

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by spdngyns69, Dec 6, 2011.

1. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Man when I see Blake Griffin out there, I pray for us to tank. Rather suffer one season then have so much fun watching a kid like that, then go through limbo for 10 seasons...

2. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

What are you talking about? I never said he wanted to play for the Warriors. My point was that the Warriors have a better chance to get him than us because they were bad and actually acquired players through the draft that a team like New Orleans would want in exchange for Paul.

I've been saying top 5 over and over again. Why would constrict it to top 4 only? Also Jordan and Hakeem were the year before the lottery but that doesn't change the fact that they would have still been top 5 picks if the lottery was in place and would still have been two of the greatest to ever play. If you are making sense and counting them and all the top 5 picks you would have Jordan, Hakeem, Duncan, and Wade. A better way to look at it is to look at the championship teams since 1990.

Bulls - Got their best player at number 3
    Rockets - Got their best player at number 1
    Spurs - Got their best player at number 1
    Lakers (1st time) - Signed a number 1 pick
    Lakers (2nd time) - Kobe in a scenario that is no longer possible
    Celtics - Top 5 pick they traded for
    Pistons - Billups and Rasheed were top 5 picks
    Heat - Got their best player at number 5
    Mavericks - Best player at number 9

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So... one of my colleagues was working on a lawsuit where our client sold land to some ass clowns on credit and the buyers failed to pay. The buyers claimed (among other things) that our client had fraudulently told the buyer that there was a development permit for the land when there was not. The judge didn't buy that argument at all, because development permits were (and still are) a matter of public record and the buyers could have just looked it up for themselves.

People b****ing about how they've been "had" by Rockets management remind me of the ass clowns my colleague had to deal with.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

yes, because it only took one bad season and good draft pick for the clippers to be good again.

5. RedStaag

RedStaag Rookie

Forget Chris Paul, he's a pipe dream, however everyone now knows that Rondo is on the block, and he is better than all our pgs put together.

Rondo is younger than chris paul, plays better d, has a ring and is signed for the long haul.

If Houston can work out a 3 way trade, where they help the Celtics with the pieces they need to complete the Paul trade with New Orleans

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

All you are doing is downplaying this teams assets and undermining the team with talk like that. As I am saying when the guy comes around you do want? This talk of down playing our own team wont help us to get that guy that you do end up wanting. I believe Morey if he could make a deal has what he needs to make any deal.