1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rockets are better than the Blazers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ashes, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ashes

Ashes Member

3-1

The Rockets have been shaken but never stirred. Dazed but never rattled. Stumbling but never fallen. Down but never out.

I was at Game 4 to witness that great effort in person. I watched the Rockets hold a lead until the 3rd Quarter. I watched it all start to slip away as we entered that 4th Quarter. It felt appropriate for the "Here we go again" mentality, but then something different happened. The Rockets, our Rockets, fought back valiantly and snatched up that lead a gain. They put a chokehold on it. They were not going to lose. Despite the missed free throws, the defensive lapse, the offensive drought, our Rockets, right before our eyes in Houston, pulled out a win. Not the 1st win. Not the 2nd win, but the 3rd victory. We're in a position we haven't been in for a long time. Up 3-1 against a young team that's almost down for the count, and we still have at least one more game at home.

I don't see how you can watch the same team as I and say the Blazers are better. The better team doesn't lose two close games. The better team isn't down 3-1. This Rockets team is a refreshing sight to see for me as a loyal fan. It's been a long time since I've seen a team play with so much heart, passion, and energy. When I was at the game, I could tell the Rockets wanted it. I could tell that they were going to take it.

So no, the young, athletic, inexperienced Blazers are not better than this team. Not this year. It's by no means over, but these Rockets are going to get the job done. It may be Game 5, but I personally hope they bring it back to Game 6 and put on a display for this city.

The better team is up 3-1 and the better team has all the momentum. The better team wants this victory, and the better team will get it. The old cliché "It's been a long time coming" could never be more appropriate.

Go Rockets.

2. MC Ren

MC Ren Member

Haha, great counter -thread...

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is absolutely correct. I refuse to post in the other thread because it's downright insulting to this team to insinuate that, after a 3-1 series lead, that the OTHER team is still better. So far, we've played 16 quarters of basketball.....I would venture a guess that out of those 16 quarters, the Rockets have actually held a lead going into the next quarter AT LEAST 10 times. It might even be more like 12. As I said in another thread, the Blazers are 11-4 since March 26. ALL 4 LOSSES HAVE COME TO THE ROCKETS! How, ON EARTH, are the Blazers the better team???

4. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Hey MC REN

will you ever do a NWA reunion album?

5. acjeitherocket

fukin right baby!! finish them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

6. nolimitation

nolimitation Member

No way I rather they finish them off in game 5 as quickly as possible so that we can prepare for the Lakers.

7. rednene

rednene Member

what an original title. :rolleyes:

you might want to check out the "Blazers are Better than Rockets" conversation.

8. Ashes

Ashes Member

That was the point.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

[​IMG]

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

11. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

We ARE better!!!!!

We have better balance.

Mr. Miyagi say: "balance is key. balance good. basketball good. everything good."

:D

theSAGE

12. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Hell no. That's just hubris. The Rockets have them down so they need to crush their throats and move on while the getting's good, not toy with a young team that despite its stupidity can still be dangerous.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Rockets are 5-2 against the Blazers this year. It took the 2nd best scoring performance in Blazers playoff history and a great game by their PF to win. During the season it took a 30 foot shot to win.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

1000% AGREED. This is exactly like the people who wanted to tank games just to face a certain opponent... you don't do that. You NEVER risk giving up a win.

Right now we have three chances to get one win - pretty good odds. You knock that down to two, and pretty soon it's just one, and it's gone.

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I guess it wouldve been asking too much to state your rebuttals in the other thread so the garm doesn't get cluttered? That's posting/thread starting 101.

16. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Never ever, never ever, never say anything like that again.

If this goes to game 7 then guess what happens to the Rockets in game sevens. If this team wants any chance to beat the Lakers we need to finish the Blazers off now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Bingo

18. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

Woot. A+, will read again.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He shoots, he scores!

20. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I don't think we need to bring it back to Houston just so the city can celebrate GETTING OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND. However improbable, I think our aspirations are higher.