1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[The Ringer] [X-Factor] Rockets’ Best Hope for Beating the Warriors Is In-House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Apr 27, 2019.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We’re going to need the GreenHouse effect along with some Faried temperatures in this round.

2. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Undoubtedly House can play a key role but I still think EGO is huge to our chances to move on and keep moving on. When he’s on his range is a killer much like Curry.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Let's just hope it's not the house laying all those bricks. We're trying to win in-house, not build a house.

Little Bit likes this.
  4. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Did a HOF infiltrate the Ringer? I sincerely doubt that House is going to be the key to the series one way or the other. Austin Rivers could have a bigger impact than House due to his improved perimeter defense.

Sensationalist journalism at its finest. I love House but this is a shot in the dark.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hope this thread gets to 100 pages. :)

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Agree with the article, except one point. Capela was NOT bad on offense last year, he just had Draymond glued to him all the time. Some poster here, (I think it was HP) made a nice video-compilation last year of Draymond staying on Clint at all times. That's a win for us. Draymond Green is the best roving defender in the NBA; anytime you have him glued you create opportunities for others that don't show in the BoxScore.

The reason Mike went with the Tuck-wagon lineup was two-fold: 1. Have a high IQ, vocal defender as P.J. in the back to direct the defense. 2. Spread out the floor on offense to the max. That second point, however, did not work because of the cold shooting, especially by Ariza.

Clint played only 26 mpg before CP3's injury. He's a better player this year, I expect him to stay 36+ mpg on the floor. That's what will provide us with more length, which the article correctly states is a problem for us. The article correctly observes that Clint can move his feet on D, and that's what makes Clint so valuable. He can get switched on KD or Klay and now you have length on the perimeter...

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is massive burden imposed on his shoulders.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I hope I am wrong, but House seems to be succumbing to the pressure of the playoffs.

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Utah was one of the best this season at covering the 3-pt line. I believe number 1ranked defense going into the playoffs by some/most metrics. They funnel players off the 3-pt line to Rudy Gobert.....Warriors
    are capable of much the same; but House won’t be as intimidated to drive against a lesser Warriors defense as a means of drawing the attention of the defense because Gobert is so lengthy he recovers fast.
    Clippers Harrell tore up the Warriors D in much the same manner as Capela/Faried will....Durant/Dray might get into foul trouble if they try to emulate Gobert. That would be advantage Houston then.

You are correct about seeing if House hits a few.....but they remember House kicked their butts for about 17 points
    in the game he played against the Warriors (hitting 2/3 from 3 ). He was vacationing in the G-league or something
    in our final regular season game in which the Warriors won......Cousins having a big game.

#29 ApacheWarrior, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Over half of House's 3 point shots in the Jazz series were wide open according to NBA stats. He hit 26.7% on those. That obviously needs to be better.

11. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Bench Scoring stinks tho..

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That could be attributed to going 0-6 from 3 in a game 4 loss......in which the entire team stunk it up and looked lethargic.
    Take the game out and House was 7-20 from 3 (35%) in the Utah series.

P.S. half of House’s 3-point shots for all games of Utah series is 13......since he shot only 26 total. Kid was nervous
    since it was his first playoff experience. What I’m saying is, getting some trips to the rim and picking up some fouls
    on the opposition and some free throws under your belt tend to help make the rim look wider from 3.....Gordon
    was allowed to drive against Utah and shot some free throws.....also shot about 49% from 3 in the Utah series.

Easier to go against Durant/Draymond at the rim than Gobert. Not much, but enough. You can look at Gobert DFG%
    at rim vs Durant and Draymond.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His appendix?

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the organization has spoken:

15. Game7

Game7 Member

Damn! Even Gary Clark made the cut! :eek:

Os Trigonum likes this.