1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Rick Adelman WTF?! Are you doing thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KingStevo10, Nov 29, 2010.

1. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Rant.

I mean honestly he will not call timeouts when the other team starts going on runs and he won't call timeouts when we r in an offensive drought. You can see when this team is clearly gassed but yet he stills plays the same lineup even if it's the 2nd night of a back-to-back on the road.

Lee was shooting terrible kept him in
    Shane was getting scored on constantly allowed 11 straight points from butler

If were gonna lose then try something different Start Hill and give Taylor a chance!

I said it's before it's too early for a coaching change but hell bring on Elston Turner or Jeff Van Gundy (hope Yao and his lunch went well)

/rant

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Dude, just stop.

Adelman is not at fault.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

STFU, we playing great, yall just haters drinking much hateradeo

4. daernoth

daernoth Member

During the third quarter the Mavs were just destroying our starting lineup and Adelman just wouldn't do substitutions.

He has this "let them play thru it" attitude that just drive me nuts. The Rockets can't sacrifice games that way darn it. They are too deep in the hole.

5. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Adelman for Spoelstra trade. ;)

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

People blaming adelman don't know basketball

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I love this logic. So what? he rotates players in. Aside from the fact that we were getting sodomized by the guys in black and white, the talent pool dwindles as Rick looks down his bench. If his starters and his bench are struggling, his deep bench will do absolutely nothing. We need a trade. We need some new blood. Someone here doesn't fit....

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Adelman has done some "interesting" moves and non-moves and I have thought that this may not be the best fit for Rick anymore but still a dam good coach...he isn't the biggest issue.

9. plates300

plates300 Member

you can call all the time outs and plays all you want. FACT is none of the rotations he was running got stops or scored. It's up to the players to execute the defensive/offensive rotations, not the coach.

10. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Ya

Your right it's the players fault for keeping themselves in there when the can't hit water if they fell out of water. Or can't play any defense.

Sorry I'll study my BB IQ.

11. chadyang

chadyang Member

I agree with you that it's not totally Adelman's fault. But isn't it one of the main things for a coach to call timeouts when there's a noticeable momentum change? Or maybe it's just not so obvious for RA... :confused:

1 person likes this.
  12. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Adelman in a nut shell. IDK what I'm doing.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Adelman' defense sytem is at fault. The defense is all one on one , no help defense each other

14. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Third Quarter: Rick Adelman puts the starting line up in for god knows what reason. Chuck and Scola are there and Scola was defending Nowitski for some god forsaken reason. Now that Chuck was not defending Nowitski, why the HELL do you play him? It is not that I hate chuck, but I didnt see any reason to play him if he isnt defending Nowitski on the floor.

So the remaining players were Lowry, Martin and Scola. Lowry cant shoot. Martin became a chucker. Scola was the only guy who was effective. He made a few baskets and the Mavs started throwing double teams at him. If you had Brad on the floor, he would have at least made a few buckets if Scola had passed out or something. what can Chuck Hayes do?

1 person likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Adelman has a God. When Terry came through the lane and jammed in that uncontested dunk... if I was on the sidelines I would have blown a circuit. I would have walked onto the court put Budinger (and a few others) over my knee and spanked them like babies. Adelman didn't even flinch. That takes something special. A level of professionalism formerly only reserved for the WNBA.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Glen Rice has spoken. :rolleyes:

17. daernoth

daernoth Member

Really? As far as i remember the bench at least held their ground. If you think that is a good excuse for not trying substitutions when the 5 out on the floor are getting crushed I don't think you would be able to see the reason of this or any other argument.

I guess we can support him on having a defeatist "what does it matter, nobody on the bench will make a difference attitude" but I for one object.

18. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Adelman for JVG trade. ;)

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I blame Rick for allowing Shane and Hayes play PNR.......

1 person likes this.
  20. Danckchi

Danckchi Member

When a team is this bad the responsibilty lies at the top. Either Morey or Adelman has to take the blame.

Changes has to be made at the top before they even consider changing players.