1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Return of the King

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jgreen91, Jul 19, 2013.

1. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

No. I'm not talking about some silly Lord of the Rings Movie. This thread WILL be bumped in a few years and I will go down as clutchfan legend, folklore.

The Cleveland Cavaliers are building something special with Kyrie Irving, Andrew Bynum and numerous other high draft picks. It is a process, and much work needs to be done but the wheel has started turning, it's picking up steam and this sequence of events has been set in motion. They are preparing for the return, they are preparing to roll out the red carpet, they are preparing for THE RETURN OF THE KING.

It will be a story book ending. The chosen one will come home. Championships will be won in Cleveland. It will be the greatest story in all of sports history.

6 people like this.
  2. fearless!

fearless! Member

3. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

You have a good point. I just purchased old King jerseys from his cleveland years.

5. chandlerbang21

No reason to return to that subpar team smh

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

If Lebron goes back to Cleveland, imo he should be viewed as the biggest loser among champions and great players ever in the NBA. The reason is this: it means he left because he could not bear to be the leader of a team in a small city, therefore joins forces with two other stars and NOW that has a championship under his belt, he finds the team good enough to play for again. That is just pathetic. He should stick to his decision and retire a Heat, Cleveland deserves better.

7. NotChandlerParsons

Haha like someone is going to willingly move from Miami to Cleveland.

/thread

8. iLookOK

iLookOK Member

I've never heard anyone say "Hey lets go to Cleveland on vacation"

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If Lebron was a Houston native...joined us...left...then came back after winning a couple titles...people would be falling at his feet. A loser? After winning back to back, and possibly 3-peating this year (not to mention it'll be 4 straight finals appearances if they do)?

You can call him whatever you want but a loser is not one of them. It's very obvious his decision was based on winning (plus who in their right mind would rather live in Cleveland than Miami), and to that end it's obvious he made the right decision.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

They should play along then tell host a TV show to tell him no thanks.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

For the fans and the city of Cleveland, it would be great. However, Dan Gilbert doesn't deserve to have any success with the way he does business. I feel the same way about Donald Sterling all of a sudden owning a relevant team, and seeing some semblance of success after years of bigotry, racism, and general asshattery. That would suck to have two of the worst owners in sports have two of the best teams through NO doing of their own.

1 person likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

one word
    HOMER

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Aaron Brooks.

14. CertifiedTroll

What on earth was running through your mind when you decided to write this and then press the submit button?

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Except people have already been speculating about this possibility for months and you didn't bring anything new to the table.

Pretty sure this thread won't be bumped in a few years unless YOU bump it.

16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8Olo49ATSMg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I have yet to hear a good reason why if Im Lebron James, and I've gone to the finals the past 3 years, and have won two rings, why I would go back to a team I played for in the past that doesn't give me any more of shot at winning a title.

And the LA Lakers spin on this is even more nauseating to listen to.

Things would seriously have to go south very, very quick for Lebron to leave Miami.

I guess I thought the same thing about Dwight and the Lakers too, but I've never seen a storied franchise with that much talent blow it that bad in one season. Miami is too good, and too well run to have that bad of a year with that much drama. Lebron, Bosh, and Wade are too good of friends, Spolstera is too good of a coach, and their ownership/management is way, way too good to go that far off the deep end.

The Cavs have the potential to make the playoffs, but with the injuries their star players seem to have re-accuring, they have the potential to again be in the Wiggins sweepstakes as well.

18. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

I don't see it that way. It will be so much more special of a story than that. It will show that an immature kid left his home city the wrong way, it will show a boy who grew up without a father become a man in Miami, mature, learn how to win and how to be a good person, father to his own children and role model, to realize his mistakes and come home and bring the trophy back to the city he left. It will also show forgiveness, forging Dan Gilbert for his rant, forgiving the fans for burning his jersey and those same fans and owner forgive LeBron. Makes me feel warm all over.

It would also make a great movie. A story book ending. A life lesson.

19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

People don't want to live in Miami, trust me. It's a great vacation town but living there sucks.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Did you just say "silly lord of the rings movies?" Banish This fool