1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Return of LinSanity...Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

I'm not blaming/yelling at you by the way. Reading this thread im surprised that people dont think cp3 is a superstar. Whats happening!!! Lol

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, the logic was:

There are 4 types of players:

superstar, all star, star, and role players.

I think the person was saying CP is an all star, but not superstar, but superstar needs to be able to carry the team.

I think the statement is debatable, but not illogical.

3. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Lol i know he was. What i said was supposed to be in a lighthearted tone i guess it fifnt read that way.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I like what i've seen from him training-wise...but that hand reaction test with the lights, i hope that was just a test run for the cameras because it wasn't very fast. I would expect him to do better than what I saw.

Looks like he was testing his VO2 max...you can probably get that done locally, not sure of the cost though.

I think so...but working hard doesnt mean improvement. I think the key is findng your flaws or weaknesses and working on that. If guys are just busting their butts on the same workout from 10 years ago, well that's not going to improve their performance.

#164 RV6, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

exactly my point. there's many players who work hard and don't improve.

6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

keep working hard Jeremy! you're a smart guy with a good heart man. I rooted for smith an cassell when people wanted a "real" pg. i'll root for lin and Beverly too.

7. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

274K+ views :cool:

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

lol 312,030 views

9. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

:cool:

Dang thats amazing !

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

11. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

13. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Jeremy will work well with Dwight Howard.

He worked well with Tyson Chandler in NY and Howard is 3X the player that Chandler is.

14. deedee82

deedee82 Member

Despite having you on my ignore list way back and subsequently removed when the season ended. I really think this is a post I can agree with you on. :p

15. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Video reminded me of Rocky IV with Drago training with all the fancy high tech equipment.

16. zdrav

zdrav Member

Chris Paul is not a superstar? How can the best PG in the league NOT be a superstar? What does that make all the other PGs? Scrubs?

17. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

What if there are 20 Lebrons of equal level. Only 2 can enter the finals. Are only 2 of them superstars??

And in regards to CP3 outperforming Lin or Lebron outperforming Harden.... yeah, the answer is obvious but do I have to say that out loud? Do I have to admit that Harden has no chance against Lebron? One never knows.

And all you twisted twits, don't equate what I said to Lin being in the same level as CP3.

18. LAC

LAC Member

Some arguments come from misrepresentation but you can bet a considerable portion is real. Look no further than the poll thread "Clarify what CF really thinks about Lin." From the result, you can see we have roughly 60% rational fans, 20% who really wants Lin gone, and 20% who think he's an all star. Those 40% of opposing view is always here to fuel the hate without provocation.

19. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

agreed. that is the shortest way to explain jlin's love/hate relationship with a lot of people.