1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Return of LinSanity...Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SidDaKid, Jul 30, 2013.

1. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Linsanity has shown what Lin can be if being used the right way. But it will be good for him to diversify his skill sets and improves his weaknesses. That means there is a learning curve with ups and downs. The same with any player.

In terms of actual NBA minutes played, Lin is relatively inexperenced compared to Asik, Harden and now Howard (and even Chandler). I just think Lin has shown a great upside and hope he will achieve it.

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Jeremy Lin will be huge for this team next season. Can't wait for the season to start. Rockets are back baby!

3. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Go figure. And people say he's not athletic.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. palcity

palcity Member

Its awesome that we have one of the fastest player in the NBA

5. TC777JLIN168

TC777JLIN168 Member

Speed is only an important aspect to evaluate athleticism. But athleticism can only get a player so far. Pretty soon, injuries/aging catch up with everyone. CP3 has had to readjust his game after his knee surgery to compensate for the loss in his athleticism. What's great about Harden is his game has never depended on his athleticism though he is no slouch. That's also the case with Lin (although he is not quite where Harden is yet. It takes time.)

6. PatBeverleyFan

Lin will be a better player next season and prove doubters wrong!

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Harden is very athletic. It takes alot of strength and power for him to be able to get by defenders and eurostep his way to the line. We saw the impact it had when he had his knee injury in the back 1/3rd of the season.

8. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

Does anyone know where I can find a breakdown of Lin's stats during the Linsanity period? I'm assuming the timeframe betweeen when he got his first start to when the Heat figured out how to shut him down. Is that the correct timeframe?

Also, I'm curious as to what everyone generally means when they talk about the return of Linsanity.

Does it mean:
    a) another two week flash of brilliance, then a return to "normal"
    b) sustained and ongoing performance at Linsanity levels, with the occasional off game
    c) performance and recognition as a superstar
    d) other?

9. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

10. davek

davek Member

Whats the name of the music? Extremely motivating.

11. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

In Feb. 2012 : 14 games, 20.9/8.4
    as Starter: 25 games, 18.2/7.7

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4299/year/2012/jeremy-lin

12. Fighton

Fighton Member

hahaha.. good question.

i think he's skills have always been there; in fact, i think he's a much better player this year then he was last year.

linsanity happened because he was asked to dominate the ball and up his usage rate, since no one else on that nyc team could generate any type of offense on their own. combined with his skills.. boom. you have that incredible stretch where he had more points and assists than anyone else in their first 5 starts. his skills have always been there, combined with a perfect system and opportunity for him - linsanity.

i don't think we'll see that again unless he plays on another team without any other playmakers, or other players that can create their own shots. if he ends up on a team like that, his numbers will be up there but they prob won't win many games, since you need more than one viable option on any team to have a chance.

miami wasn't the end of linsanity - people point to that game as if it proves anything but it doesn't. miami was the best defensive team, and made a lot of players look awful all year long. he was a rookie playing miami - you have veterans who've **** the bed against miami and you don't hear anyone make a big deal out of it. but when lin craps out against miami, it's somehow indicative of who he really is as a player. smh.

i'm not sure what return to linsanity means - probably different for everyone. i'm just looking for him to solidify his role on this team, whatever it is, and do it well to help bring a banner to toyata center. hopefully that role takes advantage of his skillsets but on this team, everyone has to sacrifice a little of what they can do for the good of team so if he's not running 25 pnr plays a game i won't be too stressed.

1 person likes this.
  13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hope he becomes a championship caliber PG.

PS. No shots of him passing?

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's great and all, but it's almost like talking about Joey dorsey's bench press. It has to translate to production. I bet Lin would trade in that average speed for their first step and/or hang time/vertical. Those would help him out a lot more on the floor.

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

It's clear you didn't watch the games, so take it from some of the posters here who've seen them all. Most who have seen the games know that Lin played better after the Heat game when Melo came back. Maybe someone can link you a game or two of his performances after the Linsanity period. That's who we'd like to see more so than Linsanity Lin as we have two studs to feed.

Your assumption, at least it seems to me, was that Lin got lucky for two weeks and cooled off. 100% not true! I mean if you are the typical ESPN poster who don't watch the games, clearly his averages went down so you can assume that, but after Melo came back although Lin's numbers went down, the wins were really impressive. Lin pretty much sat most of those games in the court and even the third (!) because they were blowing everyone out. Anyways, it wasn't a fluke. I don't expect Linsanity averages ever again, but basketball talent and ability, I expect him to surpass that.

16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Lin's first step is wicked quick though.

17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Lin has the deadliest first step matching to John Wall according to sports science and Morey. What you are really looking for is the hesitation and pace changing steps because according to what I see, Lin is horrible at changing pace with his steps to get through the other guy.

So he becomes predictable a lot of the times. This is also something CP3 is a master of and hence he can break down any defence.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Monte Ellis is probably faster than both of those two and he's still a crappy player

19. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Title says the return of linsanity,

in video Jeremey clearly states that he wants out of the shadows of linsanity.

20. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

Don't know but this post just cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.
    Anyway I'd rather have Rocketsanity next season, where all of the starters go insane.