1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The results of this series prove Morey was right all along.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Mr. Motiejunas

Kevin Love is a much better player than Raymond Green.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Harden should flourish in the D'Antoni system, that's a given. The question is, who else will get their game elevated by playing in this system. Can't put a square peg in a round hole.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol this thread is bull****

2 people like this.
  4. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I respectfully beg to differ. He's in my Top 10. He should be in everybody's Top 15. His all-around ability and his performance in game 7 of this year's NBA Finals in which he scored 32 points, pulled down 15 rebounds, and dished out 9 assists cemented his status as being an elite player. Just say that you don't like him, and leave it there.

5. Sanity2disChaos

Green is Battier on STEROIDS....That is all

6. rockets13champs

Morey u need to trade some guys off this bench for a chance to acquire bender.
    If not we need to get a really solid rookie in the 10s like luwawu

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah he really proved that throughout the series when he got relished to the bench and became a non factor.

8. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Arguably, San Antonio has more talent than both teams but they've been off work for over a month. You can't teach, coach or buy chemistry -- or momentum for that matter. Talent certainly helps but without chemistry or the intangibles tilting in your favor its all pretty much a crap shoot.

9. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What this series and the OKC series showed me is- defense is key.

OKC, almost, and should have, beaten GS with smothering D. The Cavs used incredible D to seal the deal.

Sometimes your shots just don't fall, but you can always play good defense to prevent the other team from running away with it.

Hence, I am very skeptical about the approaching Pringles era.

10. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Tyronn Lue is the most clueless coach in the league. This board would go INSANE listening to his pressers... The league, despite what people on this board think, will always be a reflection of the talent and chemistry between players on a team much more than the coach - and even more so in the playoffs. But someone's gotta be the scapegoat I guess.

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Draymond, in a vacuum, on a ****ty team with no support, is not a superstar. However, on the warriors, he is a superstar. There are not a lot of players that can do and can mean what he has for GSW. Star, superstar are relative terms. There are not absolute definitions.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

what?

13. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

OP is confused on more than one level. The title should be 'the results of the conference finals prove...' because that is the only time 3 stars were showcased against teams with less than 3. On top of that nuance, the results prove nothing except that having one of the 2 best players in the league will net you finals appearances over the long run - shocking, really.

14. houtown

houtown Member

I would not call him clueless, he drew up some crucial plays out of sine critical times outs at crucial times when the Warriors were about to go on a run to put the game out of reach, and gave some speeches to encourage his team after learning a lot about how he conducts himself from the greatest coach of all time, Phil Jackson. Not only that, he did have one of the most experienced and wisest players in the league when it comes to basketball and for the most part coached his team to a championship trophy.

Now he still go a lot to learn, but your right in assuming the chemistry and players play a large role, but Kerr was the coach who put the Warriors over the edge as coach. I do not think there will be that many people to dispute that at the moment. A large part of chemistry is the organization and coach establishing a system in which they can conduct efficiently during the game. I Am not scapegoating any Rockets coach, although I really was not a fan of Bickerstaff, just the way the organization runs the team. And D'Antoni in My opinion is not what the team needs to get over the edge, I just think it was not a good hire for the team.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This thread is stupid, all it proves is that Lebron is still head and shoulders above anyone else.

No one else could play that style and win because no one else can do what Lebron does.

It doesn't validate anything other than Lebron.

DD

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Which plays are those? He 1-on-1'd Kyrie for a fall away 3-point dagger and got credit for it, lol. He constantly removed K-Love when he would start to get a rhythm. People here complain about ISO, I mean does anyone dribble-out-the-clock ISO more than the Cavs (maybe OKC)? 13.8% of playoff possessions as ISO for the Cavs over 21 games - and the criteria is pretty weak (has to be an obvious ISO).

Tyrone Lue gave encouraging speeches? What kind of media nonsense is that? Your last point in that paragraph is the salient point - he had the most experienced and veteran team.

Kerr didn't lose them that series, and Lue didn't win them the series. The coach has a lot less to do with wins and losses than the talent on the court around them. Again, CF and most fanbases will continue to blame (or credit) the coach, but it's more about getting talented players who like each other than some old guy barking orders to run specific plays from the sidelines.

17. alethios

alethios Member

Yolo, he said Raymond, who is probably the Seth to Steph's Curry or the Zoran to Goran's Dragic.

18. albuster

albuster Member

It is amazing how every great thing that happens in the NBA is attributed to Morey by his deadheads in this thread. If Morey says that the sun will rise in the West they will believe it, and if the sun actually rises in the East, which it always does anyway, the Morey heads will blame the sun for rising in the wrong direction. That is how absurd this Morey worship has become.

2 people like this.
  19. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

[​IMG]

20. brosef

brosef Member

Green is arguably the best player on that team. I would say he is a superstar.