1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The rest of the series will define Harden's legacy.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 2, 2019.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think harden is resting that way... i hate it but if the stamina is the reason then he has to do it... although i would have made him play less minutes and left cp3 running the show for more minutes..we play well when harden is on the bench, its a beautiful team basketball

2. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I disagree with the title of this thread. If Harden continues this performance somewhat the next few years, his legacy will be solidified as arguably the best Rocket in history.

It just so happens he is playing in a time where the GSW are literally one of the best starting 5s ever.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Yeah no

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody has a claim for GOAT Rocket ahead of Hakeem until rings are won

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

You mean, the best Regular Season Rocket. I agree with that.

jboslett and cheke64 like this.
  6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You would think someone with a moniker of Clutchcity1993 would know that lol

Unless you were born in 1993...o_O

Game7 likes this.
  7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I give him the honor for regular season, but playoffs, not even close.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

whew, I'm glad we don't have to worry about his legacy anymore.

rockets13champs likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

Let’s finnish this now

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It’s hard to top Twoston Texas as top of the world sports highs. Dreams story is so amazing and a true Houstonian. Not sure that will ever be topped for many myself included.

James has time. He’s a generational player and we are lucky to have him. If he can win some rings his eye popping stats could make the argument interesting.

His numbers in the playoffs so far are great. He’s the main focus of the defense tasked with making the team click and it’s incredible to see him operate. He rises to the moment and if he can take down the manufactured dynasty it would add to the legend. Exciting times!

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

this series will not define anything for harden unless we win.

his legacy right now will be defined as an MVP, one of the greatest offensive players in history, and a weak defensive player who chokes in the playoffs.

the only thing that will CHANGE his legacy is to succeed in the playoffs. losing this series or playing poorly the next few games would do nothing but reinforce the narrative. to he honest I don't think he'll ever shake the defense thing which is totally false for two years now.