1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The remaining NBA free agents

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'd be pleased with a reunion.

2. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Nate Robinson

Probably one of my favorite players and saw that boy dunk a tennis ball on a 12ft rim the other day. He still got it and could probably get him for the vet min

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Are you the guy who called 790 last week? Did you hear them tell you he's been out of the league and is trying to make it as a cornerback in the NFL?

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Whether its Llull or someone else not currently with rights held by an NBA team (or trading to acquire said rights), I feel like international options could give you your best bang for the buck at this point.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Napier about to get traded to Portland

Lance Stephenson and Pacers discussing multi year deal

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't really want to sign guys that are losers, used to losing cultures.

I didn't mention him, but I'd really like Leandro Barbosa. He's beloved by teammates and has been fine with his reduced role as he ages. Would think he could be had for relatively cheap to be a backup guard.

We are going to need to overachieve and getting guys who are used to winning and have great attitudes is an important part of that.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Never liked Barbosas game. I can't make this argument this year cuz obviously Barbosas played well and Brewer sucked, but I do think his style is like Brewer as a guard. (I know, this couldn't be farther from the truth this year)

8. mightybosstone

I'd be all for signing guys like Barbosa, who has played with D'Antoni before and knows how to play a specific role on a championship team. This has been mentioned previously, but Diaw is also being shopped around by San Antonio. Adding those guys would be ideal, and both fill a need in this new Rockets rotation.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Magic are finalizing a deal to send PG Shabazz Napier to Portland for cash considerations.</p>&mdash; Josh Robbins (@JoshuaBRobbins) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins/status/750370165762711552">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we probably could have used him

11. JayZ750

WTF?? Dude is a HORRIBLE nba player. Just is.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

key being here, nba player (as opposed to goudelock)

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Offer $8MM per to Dewayne Dedmon and then try and find a PG in the trade market.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

Trade Brewer, KJ and Ariza's contracts and sign DWade with all that cap to a 3 year deal.

DMO/Capela/Nanu
    Ryno/Beasley/Harrell
    Harden/Dekker
    Wade/Gordon
    Bev/GPII

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Are you the agent for Papanikolaou?

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Hi,

Lebron.

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

With all the Golden State fire power now, Morey's signings look a lot better. Van Gundy brothers, Riley, or Tom couldnt draw up a defense to stop the Warriors.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NBA free agent Nate Robinson hasn't been receiving much interest from teams &amp; his public interest in playing in NFL didn't help, source says</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/750415726784155649">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. JayZ750

I think the defensive gameplan hasn't changed, and perhaps is going to be doubled down on.

The Warriors are now an even weaker "big" team.

Clearly, you can't just double everyone, and those wide open bricks Barnes was getting certainly look different with KD shooting.

So there might not be a gameplan that works, but I think you still go that route. Play "BIG" and "ROUGH" and run them off their threes as much as possible.

That's why Cleveland is still a good matchup for them. Cleveland won't get run off the court. They should be able to answer offensively themselves as they did this year. But certainly, its GSW to lose.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance