1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The relationship between J.B. Bickerstaff and Corey Brewer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Motiejunas, Mar 16, 2016.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This...

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

"At the end of every night, when you go back and watch the film, there are three or four key plays that only Brew can make," interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. "It's getting to a spot to take a charge; it's shooting a passing lane to get a hand on the ball; it's a key transition bucket. And in the fourth quarter, he makes big 3s for you, too. The kid is a winner. There is no other way around it. It's the only thing that matters to him."

The Rockets continue to look for improvement all around, and Bickerstaff believes Brewer will be part of it.

"I love Brew. I had him in Minnesota when we drafted him, and he is a champion," Bickerstaff said. "People may see his game is kind of awkward. If you were teaching your kid how to play, you could never in a thousand years teach your kid how to play the way he plays.

"He is special. His personality never changes; his attitude never changes. He is a guy that wherever I would go or would be, if it was time to go to battle, I would take him with me."

And Brewer will be happy to go there, with a wide, toothy smile spread across his face.

"There's nothing to be upset about - ever," Brewer said. "I have the best job in the world."

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Ugh...

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Wow. Got nothing else to add.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

you know the coach is terrible when he thinks terrible players are good.

6. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Who is he going to play KJ McDaniels? :confused::rolleyes::eek:
    He sucks worser-er-er....

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No one sucks worse than Brewer. He's played Brewer in place of Harrell and Beasley at times as if he's had no choice, he's in love with the dude.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

9. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

They play different positions, Brewer is 2G/SF while the the others are PF.

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    [​IMG]

11. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

sub nba skill level on fast break/cut too. he cant make a ****ing layup. hasn't all season. has no idea how to play defense either.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes captain obvious thanks for that, lol. JB goes small and puts Ariza at pf and keeps Brewer in for an extended period. Also Beasley can and has already played SF for us. There's no reason to just bring them both in. He's been giving Ariza too many minutes for a long time as well but atleast he can play there is no excuse for Brewer's play. He didn't just come off injury like Dmo, Harden, Howard, Bev etc. There is no reason for him to suck the way he does and still get the minutes he gets.

13. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

yet brewer plays most of his minutes at PF.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I mean Beasley and Montrell when I say this.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

His first play of the Clippers game was throwing a lazy, errant pass that Paul deflected leading to a 3 pter by Reddick.

16. dmoneybangbang

Christ.... you folks act like Brewer has been terrible his entire career. He's been an average player who's had a down season who the staff is obviously betting on progressing back to the norm. This isn't a Brewer endorsement, but just a mere 10 seconds of critical thinking.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whenever you want to think critically you always want to try to get the facts firsts. So actually he's been pretty bad his entire career mostly on bad teams but with good performances here and there, this is his norm. He's always been a low efficiency bad three point shooter with low bb IQ his entire career. His quickness is his best attribute and that doesn't matter when he can't make layups half the time. His best season was with the Mavs IMO. They cut his minutes by half down 11 minutes and what do you know he was a more efficient player. Brewer should not average more than 12 minutes on a good basketball team anything more is asking him to do too much.

18. dmoneybangbang

The facts you cherry picked from the top of your head? He hasn't been bad his entire career, this is his worst season since his rookie year. You see what you want to see I suppose.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I didn't cherry pick anything those are facts. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings talking about your boy, I mean JB is that you? lol. j/k Brewer has always been a bad 3 point shooter I mean he's horrible this year but man he's always been bad. He's only marginally worse than his norm but overall he's not that good of a player. He shoots below 30% at three on a team who averages the most three's in the league. His defense his subpar due to his constant gambling something he's always done. He is very quick and thats his bread and butter but he's not always quicker than his man so he tends to turn it over. I mean you can be mad if you want it is what it is he's just never been that good.

20. dmoneybangbang

LOL. Are you 18 years old? My boy Brewer? Christ.

Never claimed he was good or great, just merely an average player throughout his career. All of sudden, you've become an expert on Brewer's career.