1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The refs handed a game to the Lakers ...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by qrui, Feb 26, 2004.

1. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

That's funny, because Kobe could have gotten a call in last night's game, when he was touched while shooting a 3 in the final possesion.

2. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Come on man, It was an overstatement to make a point that Shaq and Kobe get away with way too much and complain when they get one call made against them or one call not go their way. I remember in the series against the Kings in the WCF, Kobe went up for a layup and no one touched him and he got a foul shot, and then he elbowed Bibby in the face and no call was made in a critical moment of the game...there are countless examples where he gets calls in his favor just b/c he is Kobe. Jordan was the same way, he could take 5 steps and a call wouldn't be made. The Refs blatantly favor the stars, they should call the game fairly and make calls consistently on both sides of the court regardless of what teams or players are playing. Peace.

3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

that would have been the worse call of the year had it been called, christie did grazed kobe on the face, but that was well after the ball was released from kobe's hand, the ball was nearly at the rim what christie nicked kobe, i think it was a correct noncall because the foul had no bearing whatsoever on the shot, had it been sooner it would have been a different story, but the fact of the matter was that the ball was well out of his hands and kobe would have missed that shot regardless w/ or w/out the foul.

there are many instances where you see this happen and i am happy to see the noncalls because i think that a foul should only be called in cases where the shot or the play is affected or changed because of the foul.

Had Kobe gotten that foul that would have risen him to Jordan status in the foul calling and the refs would have handed the lakers to games in a row (provided that Kobe would have made all 3 fts, which he probably would have)

It really should not have even gotten to that point, the lakers were playing at home against the kings missing Webber, Miller and Jackson which offsets their injury to Malone considerably. The Lakers are in much bigger trouble than I anticipated if they are reliant on winning only if the Big 4 are there. They have an amazing personally lineup even without Malone.

4. silentfan

silentfan Member

Why did the refs not just hand the ball to the Nuggets after the "huddle?" The statement from the NBA said the refs made the "right call" by jumping the ball after "correcting" the error.

That's just dumb.

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The officiating has been terrible this year, particular in Western Conference matchups.

But I still give the refs credit for no-calling the Dream Shake. :cool: