1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The referees tried

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, May 23, 2018.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There were some Curry flops they didn't call .

Big thing was that they didn't complain when the calls didn't go their way and the warriors scored later. Their runs were scary because it felt like game one or three.

Ego, bless his heart, just kept on attacking this time and seemed to jaw at the refs less, like if they lost it was on them instead of the dumb refs.

We won the ft battle. The fix will be against us Thursday.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

There was one in the first half where Bell nearly pulled Ariza's arm out of socket, keeping him from getting a hand on a pass which led to an easy layup. It was so freakin obvious. I'm not sure how they miss that.

tmoney1101 and SS0101 like this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Yeah, don't know what happened to the Harden rule. I thought they were cracking down on those ridiculous continuations.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

What if I told you the refs weren't biased and the league officials would prefer that all the series are 7 game nail biters?

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Not all fouls are equal. Some well placed fouls can completely shift the momentum of a game. They can always call non game changing fouls on the other end to make up the numbers.

6. SS0101

SS0101 Member

As the game was going on last night I felt like 'the 3rd foul is a charm." Literally seemed like we had to be fouled at least 3 times on each play before a foul was called. First quarter was when I felt this way the most. Overall the warriors get away with a lot of holding and grabbing off the ball as well.

7. Granville

Granville Member

The last shot would not have counted had Curry hit it. The ball was in his hand when the clock struck went to 0:00.

8. Mr. Space City

yes.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

If Chris Paul makes both free throws it doesn’t even matter.

Curry was getting away with head snaps to sell contact and jump in at an angle afterwards.

That’s fine if you wanna call that, but give it to harden as well.

None the less, play through the refs. We got plenty of bad calls also.

Voltik likes this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Apparently they can just keep adding time to the clock. Give him another few seconds **** it.

11. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Throughout the whole game it was the Warriors getting the benefit of most calls or non calls for that matter. Example, Green getting held by Curry not being called, when GSW were making their run in the 3rd. Draymond extending his left hand when he was getting a facial during the Harden dunk. They didn't even look into it, but Green clearly made unnatural movements with his arms to hit Harden in the face. On the last play of the game, what stood out to me the most was the way Klay held (i forget who it was that was guarding Steph) and basically screen and held to open up Curry.
    Glad we won, but the GSW definitely get away with more physicality and non calls than most other teams do. We just have to play through it.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

other than the couple times harden was clearly hit on 3 point attempts with no whistle, the refs this game were decent enough. especially considering the shhitshow that was the first 3 games of this series. foster brothers, mauer & malloy, and marc davis were all clearly biased against HOU -- and the win/loss record for HOU the past couple playoffs confirms this.

regarding league preference that all series go to 7 games, i'm not entirely sure GS didn't actually need all that help in games 1-3. they are truly p*****s who scream/jump/gloat when in easy video game mode and their shots are going in, but then cower like b****es when things get a little physical. without the aforementioned ref crews, HOU is probably up 3-1 right now. so maybe the league really did need to extend the series ;)

'follow the money' principle says the league will re-send their fixer/hostile ref crews for at least 2 of the next 3 games. they've got way too much riding on the success of that team to preserve their revenue expectations.