1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The reason behind Moochie's insomnia

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by countingcrow, Sep 4, 2001.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

http://members.nbci.com/sonicsonline/news/moochie.html

Norris on IR With Insomnia - 5th March 1999

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Martin Hughes
    Sonics Online Co-Editor

Moochie Norris has been placed on the Sonics' injured list, with point guard Drew Barry activated to replace him. The reason? Insomnia!

Now we here at Sonics Online couldn't resist this one. Over the years we've heard some beauties for reasons to be placed on IR. Steve Schefller has had most of them, having been placed on IR for turf toe (apparently a golfer's ailment!), and the dreaded ilio-fibial banding syndrome in the past.

Not that that means Moochie's complaint is a puny one. Apparently Norris has only been able to manage one or two hours' sleep a night since his mother died in 1990, and that's gotta hurt at some point or another. It's just that you're usually put on IR for a stuffed back or ankle. Lack of sleep is a new one for us!

Norris started the season on a flyer, nailing four three-point shots in a row to single-handedly win an early season game against Portland. Since then, he's been less inspiring, but maybe that's due to a lack of sleep more than anything.

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I heard that somewhere last year. He lives off the little sleep. I know that I couldn't do this. Even when I enter college next year. I will be one that manages my time wisely. :rolleyes: Sidenote - My calculus teacher does was Moochie does too.

3. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

Mooch has since been diagnosed with narcolepsy. It is described (although this is not a completely accurate description) as a brain disorder which "turns off" your natural invigorators and stimulators without preamble or warning. He is on mediction to regulate this since the CBA days. It is not a sleep disorder as defined, nor is it insomnia per se.

4. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

A preamble is always nice....