1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Real Sad Story of Baltimore

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 31, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Patients don't have responsibility in their recovery?

Doctors dont ask back patients to exercise?

Another stupid response

In the words of Gregonomics. Stop posting

The strawman ish is particularly annoying

#61 pgabriel, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Education and crime are Baltimore/black problems

Blacks are first in crime last in education

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Too many of you are hung up on correctly assessing blame. The point of talking about broken homes isn't about blame, its about solving the problem.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Plenty of us talked about several things that can be done to help solve or improve the problem.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's amazing how willfully ignorant you are.

Of course patients have responsibility and of course doctors want you to exercise. But no doctor is so dumb that they would ignore causes and tell you to move on. No one who is concerned about the welfare of the country or a segment of the population would either, unless they were simply incapable of understanding causal relationships.

6. justtxyank

Wrong.

We are talking about figuring out causes so we can address them. You want to ignore causes and just tell people to get over it.

Nobody here disagrees with you that broken homes are bad and that they lead to more bad outcomes. Not one single person.

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Should have stopped right here.

Broken homes dont cause education and crime problems?

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

If the economic situation was better the education and crime situation would be better. its not that hard to figure out dude.

You are obsessed with it as are most blacks I meet in the united states. My stereotype ( you were hoping for some "blacks are xyz" so you win) what a bad guy!! See they are racist!! They are grouping us!!

By not focusing on the real issue which is the economic aspects then you are doing the bidding of the 1% and a puppet to their distraction.

You are a republican if Im not mistaken so that would fit your agenda.

The getting to pass on white guilt is a bit of a bonus for you. I hope you are enjoying it.
    The idea of blaming it on racism is a crutch and more of that white guilt you are pining for.

The more sad part is poor folk and wannabes that think they are part of the rich crew.

Talk about exclusionary or racist all the real rich guys behind your back is the real story here. They got you bamboozled and you think you are one of them.

That is the case with a lot of these 30k millionaire republicans. Are you from dallas?
    Its a wannabe culture like trying to emulate some instagram skank or "rich" reality star.

Its something poor people fall for and by placing blame at crime and education you are part of the problem and the sham job that is race bait vs economic focus

I can sit here and think im superior on my race but if I had no money and things were getting hot I would absolutely steal to pay for my kids to eat..i would probably become addicted to some mad dog and crank to get me through it mentally.
    "
    I worked so fu**ckin' hard, but the money, it never increased..
    I quit my fu**ckin job, I had no job *****
    Put on the mask, get the gloc, it's time to rob *****

"

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Here's a shocker for you. Maybe a lack of education and mass incarceration of non violent offenses causes broken homes?

Are black people genetically predisposed to broken homes?

mdrowe00 and justtxyank like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people and liberals have been talking about racism for 60 years and there is no progress in poor black communities fact they get worse

#70 pgabriel, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  11. justtxyank

I'm not bothering to talk about racism. I'm talking about economics.

12. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...just in passing...

...I came from a "broken home"...

...full disclosure: our "home" was so broken it was classified as homeless for a couple years...;)

...I'm actually pretty lucky when I stop to think about it...but it might have gone a little better for me if I had my own pair of bootstraps to pull up on...:)o_O

Nook likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

I believe liberals and people who care about the black community actually have been taking about racism in this country for 300+ years (ya there were people against slavery even when we were known as thirteen colonies).

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Mass incarceration would stop if the ctime problem got better

When people talk about war on drugs crack decimitated black communities. Teenagers were killing each other crack corners

Law enforcement had to take drastic measures and black communities haven't recovered

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Education would go a long way to solving economic problems.

Education starts in the home

16. fchowd0311

At this point I think you are a troll account not looking for a sincere debate. .

Are black people genetically predisposed to being drug addicts?

justtxyank likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

Educated parents tend to be better parents. Educated parents tend to care about early childhood development. They tend to read to their kids more. They care more about nutrition for young children.

Solving the horrible public school districts in poor urban neighborhoods is probably priority number one in actually solving systemic issues in the long run.

Access to public early childhood education such as free quality pre-k would work wonders for poor urban communities. Look at Elizabeth Warren's plan on early childhood education.

18. justtxyank

Congrats on your success.

My parents were divorced before I was 5 years old and I saw my dad for Christmas and maybe one other time a year for the next 11 years before he died. I won't say it had no impact on me, but it didn't drive me to drugs or crime. Our economic situation was fine and that made all the difference.

The single biggest factor in any of these situations:
    Education Levels
    Crime rates
    Children's Poverty
    Drug Use
    Gang Activities
    Violent Death

Is economic. Full stop. Hell, even divorce itself has strong correlation to economics.

When people have good paying jobs they get divorced less, go to jail less, use drugs less, are involved in violent altercations less, have better educated children, live longer, have healthier kids, etc. etc. etc.

When jobs disappear all of those factors start to get worse. Now, certainly poor families can thrive and rich families can fall apart, but those are anecdotal exceptions, not the rule.

IBTL likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A kid can go to a great school. The school cant come home and make sure the kid is focused

The government cannot fix broken homes

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

right and places where the economic situation is better, we have better schools.

We are going in circles now and getting away from the troll aspect that its all about race and discrimination against the black guy.

Hopefully that education includes focus on economic and not on what honey boo boo and cardi b list is wearing.

I went to welch middle school and it was predominantly black. The main difference to a white school was there was a fight every day.
    Then i spent some extended time in ireland with white people and it seemed like there was a fight everyday. White working class folk with no education.

Its poor people man and helping to educate them.

The lame part is you have all of the poor people obsessed over a name brand.. that is their education.

Digging ditches for 2 dollars an hour then getting that 29% $900 dollar car payment so they can bling is the lack of education and the common theme is poor not race..

Go down to gallery furniture and see mac taking all the poors for a ride at 29%.
    And what part of town is mac in? Where the poors are.

This is about 29% not single at 29 with 4 kids.