1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The real reason why the Rockets won't win a Championship for 3 years

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rev1274, May 6, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly, how the hell are we supposed to win when our General Manager is also the coach? It's too much work for one man #HelpMuray

2. rev1274

rev1274 Member

How many time was he getting double teamed in the playoffs.

3. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

coaching and system by a mile. need to work all that out before you start blaming players.

you can still lose with a lot of talent due to a simple coach with a simple system.

4. ryebread

ryebread Member

The real reason is the Spurs and their fountain of youth.

or

Miami and Lebron "I don't need Wade/everyone is crazy for thinking i'm actually going to leave south beach" James

or

LAC and Chris "no one can check me not even Pat Beverley" Paul.

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

But it wasn't enough, that's my point. Harden is a difference maker. Did he let his team down? Yes. But that doesn't mean he isn't the alpha and it doesn't mean he can't get out of the funk.

6. rev1274

rev1274 Member

Parsons can become a Big 3 for the Rockets, but he can't be cold in the 2nd half.

7. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

too early to label him a fail - it is true though - he just needs to rely a litlte less on the foul calling and play better team ball (knowing when to shoot/pass) so that he doesnt freeze his teammates out. trust! but id ont blame him. our outside shootin gis pretty **** lol

8. Wommy

Wommy Member

Stick to your own topic if you started the thread. Keep on jumping from one thought to another would only make you look like a troll.

Anyway, Harden definitely played a big part in our loss this playoffs. But saying the Rockets will not win a ring in 3 years because of Harden is laughable. Like predicting the future, we all can do it, but that don't mean nothing.

9. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I would usually say 'lock up this thread...' But I ask the Mods to keep it open, just so everyone knows never to take the OP serious ever again...

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You do know we can see your post history, right?

And maybe the best:

1 person likes this.
  11. jamphus

jamphus Member

Agreed.

Offensively, what he often did is dribbling the clock out and then passed to someone when 3 seconds left or so.

Not to mention defense.

12. Wommy

Wommy Member

:grin: Good stuff.

13. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

is it harden or lack of system on offense?

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

OP just got pwned. :grin:

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Yeah we're really screwed with Harden since it's well documented that players can't develop midrange and postup skills.

16. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Ouch.

That's a little bit too harsh.

I laughed though.

17. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Man sometimes you guys just don't want to be realistic. I have said this before the playoffs started and got bombarded with efficiency numbers and other bulls crap.

Aside from that; hardens offensive mentality is what is the problem.

He pump fakes and hesitates way too much. He looks to the draw the foul more then scoring the bucket. he is a great regular season guy who can be spontanious, but his game has been almost figured out in the playoffs.

Dribble between the legs two or three times then do a step back, pump fake once, if defender does not go for it then kick out.
    It drives me insane why he just does not raise up like everybody else consistently.

He keeps emphasizing defense in post games when he is the laziest player out there. He is really aggrevating with his body language as well.

I respect his numbers and style but if you really think about it, can he offensively improve more?

Give me a guy like melo on offense any day of the week. Why are you complaining? They both stink equally on D, melo is a better scorer so that will be an upgrade.

18. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

[​IMG]

:confused:

19. Franchize

Franchize Member

Shut up Royce White

20. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Amen brother. We need coaches not puppets. Mchale is that puppet.