1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

the real reason James Harden wont win MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joeson332, Mar 5, 2015.

1. CertifiedTroll

What*

2. koldlaser

koldlaser Member

That kind of campaigning by Morey is gonna turn voters off. They don't need a fat annoying nerd looking over their shoulders demanding, "We want to go to Disney Land." during the entire trip.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

You have absolutely no concept of how public relations, advertising, building a brand, and running a successful business go hand in hand. In a league where tooting your own horn is not only welcomed, but it's praised, he's simply making sure people are aware of how fantastic Harden is doing.

1 person likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

So when Mark Cuban took every opportunity he could to elevate Dirk during his MVP campaign a few years ago, you're saying voters were turned off?? It's not as if Morey is inundating our newsfeeds with Harden/MVP talk. He's simply taking an opportunity to showcase his best player, and telling people to look at his body of work. God, some of you really have no concept of how important public perception is to an sports franchise.

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Whining about whining that really isn't whining is whining.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Without a Campaign . . . .is any one even talking about Harden

If we didn't talk about it . .. who would?

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

If Rockets didn't push so hard no one would know how well Harden is doing with no second option! Harden is having a historic season and no one is talking about it.

This is amazing! Rockets and Harden cant win with these chumps. This Jackass acknowledges Harden is the MVP but is annoyed by a couple twitter accounts? F**k outta here.

8. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Someone from the Rockets organization involved in merchandise needs to make this logo for shirts "Embrace the hate" with the r in embrace as the Rockets logo or something like that. Not the most important thing in the world but would be a cool idea given all the negative reputation this team has been getting this year.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont take his comment serious, hes obviously a troll....

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

EXACTLY!!!

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of you are so quick to flip on the Rockets and Morey... Shameful.

12. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Respectfully disagree. It seems many in the media want to not vote for Harden, and are looking for reasons to elevate others above him, regardless of how good his play is. I read the ESPN article referred to in this thread, and only one of the writers (Marc Stein) had Harden leading the race. One even had him fourth, behind Westbrook, Curry, and LeBron. That's abject bias.

I don't think it really makes a difference one way or the other, since I think Curry will win it regardless of what Harden does. However, if Morey doesn't at least attempt to shame the beat writers by pointing out Harden's MVP credentials, his chances dwindle even more.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

68 posts? Ignores*

14. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

This.

"So Stephen, tell us just how harden it was to part with your first teddy bear."

15. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Funny, everyone thought it was fine the other day when Lebron was campaigning for it.

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss off.

17. SemisolidSnake

I mean no offense, but I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that. I wish it was that simple, but there'd be no need for marketing ever if that was the case. Everybody in the world has biases, and the national sports media is very unfriendly in general to Houston teams. Morey uses media bypasses like Twitter to market his players.

More generally, we don't live in a world, once we get out of school, where merit and reward for that merit necessarily have any correlation with each other. That's why people that ask for promotions often get them over people who deserve them by their efforts alone. You have to be vocal, but you've got to be able to back it up once you put yourself out there. I don't Morey would be marketing Harden for MVP if he thought it was a laughable prospect. He knows the media, and he knows his player's accomplishment demand attention if you put them out there for enough people to see.

18. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

this guy is a moron. I saw him and Haralabos arguing last night and he no counter arguments

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

There are many stupid people in the world. And many of them write for ESPN.

Sadly, the quality of even Grantland has gone by the wayside.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've begun to accept that the media is just too pro-Lebron/Curry/Westbrook. They appreciate Harden, but they don't like him, and with them voting, I'd be surprised it it happened.