1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The question of trump immunity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 24, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Seems this will be an increasingly important topic that will connect a number of the trump indictments, so sorry to start a new thread.

Here's trump's argument...

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

And his legal team's argument...

3. Agent94

Agent94 Member

His prosecution has nothing to do with investigating the election. The election wasn’t stolen. He’s has no proof. He did plenty wrong. That’s 4 lies in five sentences.

ROCKSS, mtbrays and deb4rockets like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If Obama or Biden or a future President were criminally charged for exactly what Trump did, should they be immune from those crimes?

If the answer is yes, I think it would be a major disservice to supporters for any POTUS to not try to overturn a presidential election (or any election of importance to them) that they lost or didn’t like.

Fight like hell to overturn election you legitimately lost.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

thus a witch hunt

BigShasta likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4 lies in five sentences is just par for the course with that lying sociopath. He'll never change.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump has already lost his immunity claim in a federal civil trial. The remaining question is whether Trump has a valid immunity claim in a criminal trial.

Trump chance of winning is near zero.

Trump’s real play here is to run out the clock.

FrontRunner and Invisible Fan like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Always has been.

If he manages to get his name on the state ballots, he'll need a maga gimp as running mate who would pardon him and overturn the insurrection/rebellion charges to requalify as president.

There are more than enough zombies to go with that plan.

AkeemTheDreem86 and No Worries like this.
  10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It's a farce that our courts have to spend time on this question.

I don't think it's much of a proud legacy because we've had a couple presidents who should have been indicted. I'm much more proud of Trump being indicted than I am of Bush not being indicted.

Rocket River likes this.
  11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rofl imagine a crooked cop saying this. "I wasn't coercing witnesses and hiding evidence, I was conducting an investigation."

DonnyMost and ROCKSS like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Its a farce that our court systems and political systems are being constantly attacked and under turmoil by trump and his supporters. But its where we are at a country. I wonder how history will look back at this time.

13. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I hope even the Trumpers are beginning to see the pattern.

First he comes out flatly denying: Fake news....I don't know who that is... I barely know the guy...

Then he moves on to I didn't do anything wrong: It was a PERFECT call... I never said THAT... She's not my type... They came in in the middle of the night, turned the cameras off and framed me...

Then he deflects: I don't remember... You would have to ask them... Did I ever tell you about Sleepy Joe, or Crooked Hillary, or Lying Ted, etc...

Or he does something even worse.

Eventually he gets around to admitting it, sort of, or at least stops denying, but he won't accept responsibility: Well, they spend a lot of money in this country...They were just mementos... Okay, I had them, but they were mine to take...

Then he moves to I can't be prosecuted: I am above the law... I have immunity...

Finally he brags about it: When you're rich you can grab them by the... I could literally shoot someone and get away with it...

And every time dipshits come scurrying out of the woodwork to suck and prop him up.

ROCKSS and deb4rockets like this.
  14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You’re kidding, right? It’s a cult. Not only do they not see through the bullshit, they perpetuate it. They scream it from the mountain tops. We have posters in this very forum who are so deep in the cult, I’m honestly concerned for their mental well being when he loses again and/or is hauled off to prison.

ROCKSS, Rocket River and deb4rockets like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What Trump and his supporters don’t realize is even if he wins his case in these grounds that means that Biden can then legally use those same tactics.

Constitutional norms aren’t about protecting Democrats and punish Republicans but are there to benefit the whole country. These guys are too shortsighted to see that.

ROCKSS, Rocket River and deb4rockets like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What they are counting on is. . . BIDEN WON'T NOR WOULD HE EVER

Trump does **** no one else would do . . . because they have morals, integrity, etc
    He has none . . ..
    His Supporters love that about him . . . .cause he does what they wish they could do

Rocket River

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Interesting... former trump lawyer joins in this brief. Many of those that know trump best...

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden might not but given the potential of no legal accountability it might be tempting.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. AkeemTheDreem86

Don't you love when someone literally follows the sentence

"I am entitled to immunity"

With

"I did nothing wrong"?

::chef's rim job::

20. NewRoxFan