1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Push for a First Round Bye

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Hey Now!, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

And its the best year for them. Every other team seems to be stumbling into the playoffs.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

This is where I am, too. I think the Chargers are the best *team* in the AFC and I would expect them to beat the Texans. But I wouldn't be shocked if Houston won.

I think fans are sleeping on Deshaun Watson. He's not flashy - but, man - he seems completely unfazed by pressure. I put ZERO stock in QB W/L record - but I do find it interesting that he's 13-7 - and he's never lost by more than a single score. 20 games and the Texans have never been blown out with him under center. That's... fairly remarkable, right?

I think the guy is special, that they hit an absolute home run going up and getting him. If the Texans need to make plays at the end of the game, the list of QBs I'd put above him is not very long. Brees, Brady, Rodgers...........

BigM, Rudyc281, Rodman23 and 5 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

not to mention many of these other teams are dealing with significant injuries or lost a significant player as well. gurley has a knee sprain and they lost their safety blanket cooper kupp. gordon has a mcl sprain and isn't healthy. allen was also knocked out of last weeks game. kc lost hunt/their defense is atrocious. texans have their issues but so do these other teams

Hey Now! likes this.
  4. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

There wasn't a single period anywhere in this. Gave me a headache trying to read it.

Spacemoth, Butterfingers and Nimo like this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Imagine how much better the Texans would look if/when Coutee comes back and replaces Carter. Webster comes back and Kareem can go back to safety. D'onta Foreman takes Blue's carries.

Chargers might also be getting Hunter Henry back so they're getting some relief too.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

coutee being healthy by playoff time would be huge. hes been a very good weapon when he was able to contribute.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We need to draft an injury free guy in the Fuller mold, fix our line, retain everyone and get them healthy. If we can do that, this team could win a couole Super Bowls in the near future.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

And the thing is, he's just getting started. And he's doing what he does with a patchwork O-line. After the jets scored that last TD, I had no doubt in my mind that Watson would lead us down for the winning TD. As a Texans fan since inception, I've never had that feeling before with any other team and/or QB.

We might not win the SB this year, but as long as 4 is under center, the future is bright. We're not the Rockets, our window isn't closing this year.

I think this team can beat anyone in the AFC this year on any given Sunday. Sadly, the one team that just seems to have our number is NE....and if I had to guess, that would be the team we will face in the 2nd round...and it will most likely be at Gillette - since I don't think we'll beat the eagles this weekend.

Hope I'm wrong though.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

They need CBs too. Not only to play beside JJo but also to replace him. He can't play forever.

Two Sandwiches and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think the worst possible outcome is that the Texans end up with the Colts in a Wild Card game. That would be a disaster.

#130 solid, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'll give you even worse. They could still miss the playoffs.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I really wish the team had pushed hard(er?) on Patrick Peterson.

vinsensual, Rudyc281 and Nimo like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I have terrible feeling that Philly is going to destroy us, but if we manage to pull off that W, a bye is almost certain.

Right now my bet is on the Texans hosting the Colts wildcard weekend, which is basically a nightmare scenario.

Hosting the Titans would be fun, but still gives me a bit of a nervous stomach.

14. Two Sandwiches

I'd be shocked if we beat the Eagles.

Eric Riley likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

then prepare to be shocked

Fulgore, Rudyc281 and Nimo like this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think it's incredibly remarkable. I'd venture that not another QB in the league has that kind of distinction in any 20 game sample currently.

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think it happens in the off season. I can see Arizona releasing him and badger recruits him.

18. Two Sandwiches

I hope I am shocked.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. solid

solid Contributing Member

I want to be shocked.

FLASH21 and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Speaking of being shocked...I'd be shocked if they just released him. His contract isn't bad at all and many teams will be willing to trade for him.

Rudyc281 likes this.