1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Problem With Police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Johndoe804, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think the dead would rather have a little less sleep . .than being. . you know. . .dead.

As for Lawsuits . . . i doubt that comes out of their pockets. . .the cities but not theirs.
    Worse case they get a demotion to the desk .. . . .. hopefully they won't fear for their live from some craze pencil weilding affidavit filling out psycho.

Rocket River

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they really didn't want to be dead, they probably should have just cooperated with police......I know, crazy talk. COPS ARE THE ENEMY!!!!! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

cooperate?
    request?

lol

I love those soft words
    when what you mean is BOW DOWN, COW TOW, Submit to their overloards in blue
    COMMAND, DEMAND, DO AS ORDERED

Rocket River

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What difference does it make what words you use? I know some groups of people see the police as the enemy and see cooperation as "bowing down", but if you don't want to be dead, it's probably a good idea. Either way, I don't have sympathy for dump people who attack police and end up dead, they're pretty much asking for it IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of cops, and I didn't really like it the last time a cop held me at gunpoint any more than anyone else would, but I'm not an idiot so it didn't become a problem.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Maybe he's just laying there with a toe-tag on. :p

6. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Because they treat me like a criminal while myself and my family are victimized by actual criminals. I'm left paying somebody to drive around and harass my neighbors. Hard to feel good about that.

1 person likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

back to the original post

[​IMG]

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2010/crime-in-the-u.s.-2010/clearances

FOR DRUGS
    http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...e-u.s.-2012/persons-arrested/persons-arrested

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Those numbers are piss poor.

Rocket River

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/by-the-numbers-how-dangerous-is-it-to-be-a-cop

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can't say I disagree here. Cops are still human and it should be assumed that they will always ALWAYS consider themselves first before the rest of society.

That being said hopefully there will be development of something non-lethal that will be more effective than tasers and/or rubber bullets.

Not to mention I still want the cameras on these cops, on their person. A deterrent for police brutality and possible racial/gender/etc. discrimination.

#71 RedRedemption, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The problem is. . . . considering the rest of society before your self IS A PART OF THE JOB

if they always seek the PROTECT MYSELF FIRST mentality
    well let's take them off the pedastals because they are NOT HEROES
    That putting others before yourself is HERO STUFF and they would not qualify

Rocket River
    esp when they stealing from the general public
    and
    bullying the general public

13. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

OP seems to have issues with people other than the police. Police don't write the laws, that's left to congress. If u don't like drug laws then maybe should criticize congress on internet basketball forum. Detectives may have many crimes the investigate, such as violent crimes.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Did you see those arrest rates
    AT BEST 1 in 5 property crimes goes unsolved
    1 in 5 . . .20%

49% of Violent Crimes. . . .
    I would be interested in the number of those are within the first 48?
    I figure after a week those numbers probably drop siginificantly

Rocket River

15. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

I hate to say it (obviously jokingly), but...

he asked for it - literally.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You have that backwards, only 1 in 5 gets solved.

17. treeman

treeman Member

Stupid. Don't try to trap people with lies. I NEVER said that. I spent several posts explaining why multiple shots are necessary.

18. treeman

treeman Member

I would LOVE to see a true "stun" gun developed - like press a button, and the suspect is immobilized, but not injured. It's sci-fi police-state stuff, but I think it is a reasonable compromise, as well as technologically feasible (only question really is how to drop the guy next to me, but not drop me...)

And +1000 to a camera on every cop. Both for accountability purposes and for liability for the cops. There are ridiculous amounts of frivolous suits that could be undone by it. Take that DHS grant money for a year and buy EVERYONE a wearable cam and a dashcam for the vehicle. Save us all a lot of heartache and money.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You are correct . . i mistyped

Rocket River

20. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

LOL. Good luck with that. We have no sway over Congress. Their approval rating is something like 15% (being generous), but yet incumbents are almost guaranteed re-election. Besides, we're supposed to have a system of checks and balances. Legislatures are obviously jacked up. But the police don't have to execute laws that are immoral, and the courts can throw out bull**** cases, but they don't. Why do you reckon that is?