1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The problem with ClutchFans after a loss.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BigMaloe, May 5, 2015.

1. MattM

MattM Member

Harden had 9 turnovers. Not a good game. We won't turn it over like that every game. Hats off to the clips.

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yes, four consecutive seasons with four entirely different rosters. two constants, the head coach and the season ending epic meltdowns.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Meltdowns are better than those Rox in 4 or Rox in 5 because they do not respect their opponents!

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is not simply "a loss." Some losses-- even losses by big margins-- are a matter of luck-- you made or miss an unexpectedly high % of shots given the circumstances. Other losses, however, tell you a great deal about what kind of chances you have in the series.

This is a double digit loss when the Rockets had 5 days rest playing against an opponent just coming off a 7 game series and missing their best player. It's a loss in a game when the Rockets played lazy and unfocused. The circumstances don't get any better than this and yet the Rockets got exposed. I don't think it's overreaction to see the information before our eyes and conclude that the Rockets do not have much of a shot against the Clippers or another real contender team.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is definitely a rare time where the outrage is justified, I think.

6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

99% of the time I agree with the OP.

Yet the majority of posts I'm reading are warranted given the piss-poor EFFORT of the home team in game 1 of the WC semifinals.

This isn't about our leader and superstar MVP runner-up executing poorly or playing ISO ball. This is about him not being locked in and mentally prepared to destroy a CP3-less, emotionally drained Clipper team on the road.

This is also about a coach that's failed to have his team prepared to play with intensity and urgency. Nevermind the team's lack of preparation and mid-game adjustments. This team seems to OFTEN show disrespect to its opponent, so much so that I can't recall the last time we've had a blowout win.

Bottom line: losing to a quality playoff opponent isn't the problem here. The real problem here is that this team is flawed in its leadership. There is absolutely no excuse for coming out flat after 5 days of rest. This is the playoffs and it's become a trend going back to the Portland series.

7. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

This thread would make sense if this was a regular season game. This is a home playoff game with the other team missing their best player. The Rockets lost by 16 points. You just can't do that.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or if it is a system thing, you just have to consider dumping that Morey strategy with 3s in the playoffs

This is just beyond garbage, a GM looking like the head coach but is not sitting on the bench... always tweeting

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chad jinxed us

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

On a night when your team plays its guts out but the ball bounces the other way too many times, I can say without sarcasm, "good job, good effort."

Tonight is not such a night.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is a team that fired its social media manager after a win over a couple of emoji. Fans giving a realistic assessment of the Rockets deficiencies after a bad loss is hardly overreaction in comparison to what the team itself did a game ago.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Yea kids, do what the Rockets did, when you're losing, just quit! Its easier and self respect and pride are overrated anyway.

14. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

Yet, here you are. Starting a thread. Nice.

15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Bout time that doofus traded the runner up for MVP 1 trick pony.

What in the heck is he waiting for?

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Rockets in 5

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This is hillarious. The OP makes the post about how horrible GARM is after losses ( agreed ) after a few posts people start flaming him and justifying the outrage in the GARM because it is related to the effort of the team. Get off your high horse , no one here knows how much "effort" the team put into tonight. These guys want to win more than almost any fan, playing basketball is their livelihood and passion. Also frequently confused is the matter of " mental toughness " all of these players play sports at the highest level, im sure they are adequately confident and unlikely to back down. Im thankful that most of our players arent so tough that they dont think before they act. I think what most people call toughness I would call focus. Yes, this team needs a heavy done of focus and I'm not sure they can put it together . The clippers team plays with a certain deception masked by constant whining and instigating. It is both disgusting and brilliant. Please guys, you can have your in the moment reactions to the game, I know I did, but leave them in the real world and try to bring more sophisticated thought to the GARM.

18. rocks123

rocks123 Member

i also dont check out the comments immediately after a loss. It adds up to the bitterness and disappointment. That being said The Rockets performance tonight is inexcusable. This game 1 is the biggest chance they have to impose their will in this long series. Chris Paul is absent, the clips are tired and we're well rested. Its like we're given a perfect opportunity and we fail to capitalized on it. I understand why some fans are Mad.

19. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I could make the thread "The problem with Clutchfans after a win". We think we are contenders and all the major deficiencies we have with the team are swept under the carpet. The amount of supporters who thought we were contenders are beating the Mavs was laughable.

20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Remember we were choke city before we were clutch city. We had epic choke jobs that were on another level compared even to tonight's performance. End result: a more galvanised team, and a championship.

***** happens, especially in sport. I hate these so-called fans calling for our best players to be traded or waived or whatever. These guys were probably wanting to sack Hakeem back when we were down in almost impossible situations in our championship years. Screw these fans.