1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The price of being different-Ohio transgender teen's suicide note: 'Fix society. Please.'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

So in summary, you believe that homosexuality is a mental disorder.

2. Northside Storm

Care to respond to the numerous health associations and professionals who concur with her?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is that what I said? I said that gender dysphora was a mental disorder, and it is.

4. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

If it blamed Obama, bigtexxx would've started a thread about it already and you and the rest of the posse of superiority would be all over it and suddenly giving a damn.

5. Northside Storm

So was the removal of homosexuality from the DSM for "political purposes"?

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I did earlier, I think it's scummy that they would seek to exploit the suicide of a mentally ill little boy.

7. Northside Storm

What? None of those statements were made after the suicide, they are official statements separate from the suicide itself. Conversion therapy has been recognized as abuse long before this happened, which is why three states ban it.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I can get behind the removal of it from the DSM because it's really just a sexual preference. I could see an argument for it being a disorder because it's an evolutionary dead-end, but that makes an assumption that humans ought to want to breed and further the species. I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other about it honestly. I think they showed up with a solid enough case to have it removed, so it was removed.

9. Northside Storm

given your medical knowledge, why is it that transgender individuals will never get that case?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Individuals who don't know what gender they are, or seek to mutilate their genitals in an effort to realize a delusion that they are a different gender isn't exactly the same situation as someone who prefers to have sex with a member of the same sex....that should be pretty clear and easy to see.

It being a mental disorder doesn't mean there is anything wrong with it per se, there are all manner of mental ill people who have what would be considered odd lifestyles by some, but there's no reason to deny the obvious. Simply because their disorder doesn't hurt anyone doesn't mean it's not a disorder and it doesn't mean that they can't need help dealing with it. If you deny that it's a mental disorder, they'd struggle to get treatment for it....is that what we really want? People who have gender dysphoria often already have tough enough lives as it is, why make it tougher by making it that much more difficult to seek help if they feel they need it?

Someone having a disorder doesn't mean they are a freak or anything like that, it's just something they have to deal with that the average person does not.

1 person likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

auto correct is killing me tonight.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Northside Storm getting schooled by Bobbythegreat.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I have a former coworker/friend who is transgender. He was/is a happily married man who just happened to be identified with women more than men. When I first met him, he just seemed a little feminine and enjoyed dressing up in drag for things like Halloween. He would make dresses and things like that. Last year, he announced to everyone that he was going to live life as a full-time women with the support of his spouse. I imagined she knew all along because they are very close couple. They are still together and recently had to get remarried as a lesbian couple in New York.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This sounds like a very positive outcome. I am a liberal thinker who believes in "Chacun à son goût". I wish Northside Storm an equally happy outcome. Fingers crossed!

#54 AroundTheWorld, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  15. Northside Storm

Do you agree with conversion therapy?
    Do you think conversion therapy should be practised?

Are you aware that the
    ?

Are you aware of the following statement?

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I am not religious, and I find it ironic and hypocritical that it is the most religious people that have a problem with transgenders and gays. If you believe God is omnipotent and all knowing, then why do they think God made a mistake my making people this way. Religious people should be the most accepting, but unfortunately it is not the case.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I agree with you.

18. Northside Storm

i love how you drip with insecurity with your every post ;)

like what are you even doing here LOL other than guessing my sexuality for some reason.

hey, why don't you affirm your heterosexuality right now? Go for that classic insecurity clutch?

It's 2015 and you're running around like it's 1925. at this point, who cares? Chacun à son goût, too bad you will never know mine.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Affirmed.

20. Northside Storm

bahaha.

Who cares? I could be homosexual, I could be pansexual, I could be rubbing off to two sticks in the mud. Why does it matter to you?