1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The positives of China hating us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Oct 6, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Make the city jerseys
    About Houston again

[​IMG]

cdrive and Reeko like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

When people think of the Nets, they think Brooklyn.

When people think of the Knicks, they think NYC.

Sh*t, when people think of the Mavs, they think Dallas.

But when people think of the Rockets, they think China? Smh, the Rockets have been neglecting HOUSTON for too long. The day I walked into a store and all the snapbacks and a large number of the T-shirts in there had Chinese symbols on them was the day I had enough. Our jerseys should reflect the city of Houston, but we stay pandering to China. Rockets in so deep with China that 1 tweet caused a crisis. If this was Daryl Morey of the Milwaukee Bucks, how big of an impact does that tweet have?

HOUSTON ROCKETS...not China Rockets

bobloblaw, Realjad, malakas and 2 others like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

This is all because of Les pandering to China now it bites us and he left with billions in his pockets

he wasn’t a billionaire when he bought the rockets
    He is no Steve Balmer
    He was a greedy bond salesman

Can I go to Toyota center again and see ads for gallery furniture or Pappasitos again ?

4. Mr. Space City

DJ Screw themed Rockets Jerseys

He's done more for the city of Houston than the damn Chinese

Reeko and tinman like this.
  5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

This is a bit of a pivot from the OP, but one sort of good thing is that a quick sampling of Twitter seems to indicate that this is probably an issue that at least at the moment crosses the ideological spectrum with almost universal support of Morey and general disgust at the NBA's official statement. Hopefully that maintains.

malakas likes this.
  6. Garner

Garner Member

At least we don’t have to pretend like Zhou Qi had a chance anymore.

7. raining threes

Apparently you haven't been to many bars.

They're full of teachers.

8. smp

smp Member

That’s the whole point. It’s pure greed. The City edition Jersey is Chinese? WTF is that nonsense? Greed.

Morey can’t have a political opinion because it might hurt Tilmans Chinese money? Screw that. Greed.

I’m not sensitive about any of it though. I’ve criticized the City Jersey when it first came out. I never threatened to boycott the Rockets or some **** though. I just won’t buy that dumbass Jersey.

The Chinese fans threatening to boycott the team are the sensitive b****es. Can’t handle an opinion which differs from their own. Everyone had better conform to the single govt voice. Even Americans. Yeah- no thanks. Buh-bye Communist fans. You won’t be missed by anyone other than Greedy Fertita.

ashleyem and Little Bit like this.
  9. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

**** China
    Get the Fk outta here with your concentration camps you're lucky no ones nuking you off the map bc you like to murder Tibetans, muslims, taiwanese and now HK'ers.
    You better believe no one in this country gives two shtis about your oppressive government and its propaganda
    The whole country stands with Hong Kong and the freedom of their people to choose their government.

You don't like - you don't watch. Good riddance!

smp and Little Bit like this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I completely side with Morey but I'm honestly surprised at him liking that tweet fully knowing this team is in bed with dirty Chinese money.

Also, I hope we can get a rebrand after this fiasco. It's time to move on from the pure reds and go back to the classics.

smp likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

But I thought he was suppose to guard Durant and win defensive player of the year
    @CometsWin

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Les Alexander did this
    Am I the only person who knows this?

13. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Never said there's no teachers at bars. I said they're not supposed to be seen at bars drinking publicly, which is besides my point. You should visit a bar and locate one to help you with your reading comprehension. They're there because they don't give a ****. I taught for 12 yers and didn't care, but I also didn't care whether or not I lost my job because of it.

14. RCPM

RCPM Member

And finally get rid of that dildo "R" logo!

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Since this thread is about the positives

I have another one. Game of Zones entertainment. I cannot wait to see the interpretation of all this in the upcoming Game of Zones season. Will surely be awesome

Thank you Morey!

16. alcatrazpsycho

Can we finally get rid of this logo?
    [​IMG]
    And return to this logo?
    [​IMG]

The "R" (Chinese Era Logo) needs to go into the history dustbin like the Astros brown and black colors...

You hear me, Tilman? Shut up and listen... to your team's fans.

CometsWin and bobloblaw like this.
  17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Rockets belong to Clutch City. Now you pathetic haters can go back to watching Lin throw passes into the stands. Yikes!

19. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

We commies don't mind our own business. Cuz your Morey is minding our business for us. Lol.
    WTH? You really sound more like a commie to me, trust me we've been commies and you look familiar.

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What is wrong with Woodlands?

I never know the CCP had a secret base there.