1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Poll to End All Polls: Best Frontcourt Pairing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dje243, May 14, 2013.

Tags:
?

Who is the best frontcourt pairing for long term contention?

1. Dwight + JSmoove

63 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. Asik + Dwight

40 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Asik + KLove

89 vote(s)
    33.5%
  4. Asik + LMA

74 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

...can play together?
    [​IMG]

2. imaginedragons

better yet, Matt Bullard since he's just close by lol!

3. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Wasn't Bullard labelled one of the very first "stretch 4"?

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

At the same time???... highly doubtful. All "Twin Tower" combinations in the past that have worked have utilized an offense with a "high/low" big man setup like the corner sets or the triangle where one big can come out to the high post. I've never seen an offense work with two bigs like Asik & Howard together at the same time... its not going to happen.

Can they play on the same roster.... absolutely.

Most likely in year 1 (assuming the Rockets wouldn't move Asik right away) you would see the coaching staff try to play big men almost even minute distribution.

What does this team want to do???.... Run, Run, Run???
    Whats the most important part of a running team???.... Bigs who can run rebound, get the ball up the floor, and run the floor themselves.

Also, just think about big men that are constantly coming down with injuries year after year. Having two very good big men sharing the center position is a luxury not many teams can appreciate, it can help keep both bigs fresh and healthy, and it plays well to their style.

So yes, the Rockets could very well keep Asik if they acquire Howard. They could also trade him as well. Neither should be surprising for fans if for some reason Howard decides to sign in Houston....

Just dont expect to see Asik and Howard on the floor together AT THE SAME TIME.

5. Arthurprescott2

Asik + KLove!!!

That'd be a great spacing/posting/passing frontcourt duo with size/rebounding.

6. jocar

jocar Member

I think the playoffs was enough proof that we can't solely runrunrun, and that we need some kind of in/out game if we want to make it out of the 1st round.

7. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

If the choice comes down to upgrading center or upgrading PF, I will roll out there with Omer Asik any day of the week.

Asik and Love or Asik and LMA are both incredible frontcourts, miles and miles ahead of Dwight + anything we currently have. Dwight + Josh is the only competition, and while it is the most talented pair listed on this poll, the spacing would be ass.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I like Lamrcus Aldridge, I woulda picked love but I'm not sure he still has it.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

LerBon and LerBon would make the best front court.

10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Omer and Dwight. Don't forget that this boosts our backup C position to the best in the league when we stagger their minutes. We can bring stretch 4's off the bench when one of them rests, is in foul trouble, or is injured.

11. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

And we can run run run. Bang bang bang Asik's had a year of conditioning and Dwights pretty fast. The opposing center is gonna be stuffed by the half.

12. Ultimate6thMan

The more I watch this video, the more I believe that our BEST solution is to just sign DHoward outright and start him at PF with Asik!

If a team tries to guard DHoward without their center, he will eat them alive by being able to post very low and making a move too quick for the double team. If the double team comes from Asik's man, DHoward is a good enough passer to get Asik a dunk moving to the basket. If the double team comes from anywhere else, he should be able to find out wide open three point shooters.

The only question is whether Harden and Lin would have enough lane to drive in when they wanted to drive. I think with the pick n roll, it could open up enough with a little work, but that will be the challenge.

But I like this idea better because our DEFENSE will be top notch in the closing moments of games and we don't have to give up anymore of our core for this starting lineup. We could wait till 2014 to go for that other perfect star that we may want long term.

Of course, our team FT% would go down significantly, so it would be imperative to have DHoward and Asik seriously work on their free throw shooting to try and get up to 70%. If that was possible, we would be unstoppable.....imho.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Dwight + love...

Where is thus option?

14. dje243

dje243 Member

Good question. I didn't include options like Dwight Love, Dwight LMA b/c I figured it would be extremely difficult to make that happen. Financially I believe we can swing any pairing, it's just a matter of figuring out what would be most likely to happen (if anything). Bima has shown that Dwight and JSmoove can happen. Basically I figure that if Dwight comes, the chances of getting JSmoove are much greater. If Dwight stays then we would probably try and position ourselves to make a run at Love or LMA either at the deadline or when they become free agents. So, in my mind at least, the pairings I've listed are the most likely (which isn't saying much b/c there's a fair level of uncertainty with all of them). If Dwight-LMA or Dwight-Love could happen, it would obviously be awesome.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

16. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

If there was a Dwight + Love option that would be the best option by far.

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

18. imaginedragons

those were the days! and imagine that these two had Mccray, Robert Reid, Mitchell Wiggins and Lewis Lloyd surrounding them.

If any of those combinations in the poll came true, and you add Harden, Parsons, Lin to the mix....

19. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

TWIN TOWERS!!!

Olajuwon to K.Smith "Why you foul? Let them come to me!"

20. BeardsOnParade

a poll with realistic options would be great, why not use a poll with actual free agents?

Asik/Jefferson
    Asik/Jsmoove
    Asik/Millsap
    Asik/West
    Dwight/Young PF already on Rockets
    and then maybe the Asik/Dwight combo for people who think they could play together

those would be better poll options imo