1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The player nobody is talking about: Paul Millsap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 11, 2014.

?

Would you trade for Paul Millsap

1. Yes

78.6%
  2. No

11.9%
  3. Undecided

9.4%
  1. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

I do not think we have a shot at Milsap although hortford may not be out of the question give them a reason to make that P Mils team with cap space to make moves. That said the player I am more interested in is Dennis Shroeder. He is a starting point guard on this team for sure by a land slide and is a real player. I would talk to Atlanta about him and potentially make the New Oleans trade a 3 way trade and where they get Austin Rivers and cap relief, new orleans gets Asik and maybe Isaiah Canaan and Houston gets Ryan Anderson and Shroeder.

2. rocketseagles07

I don't think anybody is against getting Milsap. Problem is you really have to look at things from the other teams point of view. There's no reason for them to trade him for anyone on this roster not named asik(who's gone) and even then I can see why they wouldn't. Theres a chance he could really like it there and decide to stay.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Man, if they'll trade him I'd give quite a bit to get him. His contract is a steal and he's a great fit. We'd still have room to upgrade elsewhere too. I just don't see them playing ball....

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Why would we have a shot at Horford, but not Millsap? Horford is better than Millsap.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Its the first name I thought about after this afternoon's disaster...
    My plan was to re-neg on the New Orleans deal(if they werent able to get under the cap)
    Trade Omer and TJones plus future 2nd round pick for Milsap.
    Why Atl does it: moves Horford to the 4...Allows for Asik to become an instant starter. Asik would be easier to resign considering...Terrence Jones is their back up 3/4 who would be on rookie contract.

Obvious why Houston would. His contract is approx 9.1 million or so...I would
    try extending him and then execute this sign and trade.
    Then the Rockets can use their exceptions to be able to sign depth to the bench(ie Birdman, Marion or Carter) and if lucky be able to do so prior to the Sunday Parsons deadline.

Now, if the New Orleans deal is finalized...Atlanta might be willing to offload Milsap for the pick plus Tjones...but it may cost us a bit more...

6. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Not at his price tags he's not and Hortfords been injured enough the last 2 yrs to argue that this would actually be a risky move by Houston.

7. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Wasn't he available at the deadline? Why wouldn't he still be? Especially if they get Pau, which they're trying to do.

8. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

The reason they trade him is because they don't want invest long-term in a front court of Millsap. What they get from here is a temporary/young player with potential in Jones and future assets in Capella + NOP pick.

It's all about asset accumulation. And remember 2015 draft class is a very deep center class.

It's all about asset accumulation without losing future flexibility in moves like re-signing Millsap longterm when that would just keep them mediocre.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Isn't he in his late thirties? At least mid thirties.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

He turned 29 in Feb

12. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Terrence Jones (Poor mans Paul Millsap) and one of Clint Capella/NOP pick

Would pull the trigger right away. He is Terrence Jones's ceiling.

13. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Two other players that could be had by Houston if wanted both would have to be by trade. Greg Monroe and Roy Hibbbert. I have my dislikes for both guys but with Hibbert our defense really improves, but he's soft as snuggles tissue which helps howard operate in the post. Monroe offensively has alll the tools and is real baller at times. Needs more consistancy and effort though especially on the defensive end.

14. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Took a quick look at hawks forum. They love Millsap on there but because he's expiring and they seem hurting for a SG/SF upgrade. you might be able to pry him away if we cough up enough assets. Jones/NOP pick/our own 2015 draftee might be what's necessary to start the conversation. Unfortunate every team has leverage over us since they know we're up against the clock.

15. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I've always thought Millsap was good.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd love to have Millsap but he ain't going anywhere

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Keep dreaming. Atl values Milsap more than Al ford at this point.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Last I checked he was still under contract

19. traveler

traveler Member

I would go for him but Atlanta is not going to let him go cheap.

20. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Millsap was there playoff mvp, they are not trading him, this isn't 2K