1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Perfect Plan to Improve the Rockets for the 2011/2012 Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thefinalchapter, Nov 18, 2010.

1. thefinalchapter

First and Foremost Fire Rick Adelman. We need a coach who preaches Balance between Offense and Defense, not all Offense. A guy like Scott Brooks from OKC would be nice. He lives in Houston, and outside of Greg Poppovich he is the best man for the Job.

We are the best 3 quarter team in the league.

But without a Superstar, and that includes Brooks or Yao, we won't win anything.

Perry Jones= TMAC

2011/2012 Houston Rockets

PG- Ian Miller/Kyle Lowry---------------------BYE BYE Brooks
    SG-Kevin Martin/ Courtney Lee
    SF- Perry Jones/ Chase Budinger
    PF- Luis Scola/ Jordan Hill
    C- Marc Gasol/ Brad Miller--------------------- Sorry Yao

We will draft Perry Jones with the Knicks Pick, draft Ian Miller with our pick
    Morey will then sign Marc Gasol to a 5 year 65 Million dollar deal which the Grizzlies will not match.

Listen, I wasn't high on Marc Gasol before, but after watching him totally shut down Dwight Howard, and limit his effectiveness, the same way he used to limit Yao. I think he would be perfect here.

For those who have never heard of Ian Miller, with Miller he is a good defender, with a lot of range on his jumpshot, a clutch player, and whenever we play Big PG's we wont be outmatched.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/ian-miller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y29weTPWmiM&feature=player_embedded#!

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

For a plan to be perfect, that means there wouldn't be so many variables.

Sorry, it's hardly perfect.

3. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

I didn't believe you at first...but that Youtube video really sealed the deal.

CHAAAAMIONSHIIIIIIP.

4. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

We don't have 2 picks in the next draft...we have the option to swap with the knicks.

Starting two rookies is not a good way to win a championship...doubt anyone's come close to it before.

We can't sign Gasol to that contract as we are significantly over the cap. Even then, why wouldn't they match? They've overpaid for Gay and Conley, why stop now?

5. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

defense, even in the games we disappear from offense we manage to score around 100 pts, so offense is clearly not our issue, except that we need someone who can create their own shot at the end of the shotclock, imo that guy is AB the only one with the quickness, the handles, and the shot

we need a defensive backup center if we're going to keep yao.

really i think jeffries needs to play more right now, he brings length and can guard anyone from the 2-4 really. problem is he can't finish to save a baby trapped under a burning car surrounded by gators that breathe fire and spit gasoline...

he may have been able to put more pressure on durant last night, not a knock on battier, but durant is 6'11 and so athletic shanes hands couldnt reach his face

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The Houston Rockets only have one first round pick. They have the option to swap picks with the Knicks. If they take the Knicks pick, the Knicks get Houston's pick.

The terms and protections of the Knicks-Rockets trade are here.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

college is a whole 'notha world, you're not going to get many of those kinds of dunks in the nba as a 6'2 guard

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Marc Gasol is an interesting case, the guy is a restricted FAgent and logic would tell you Memphis resigns him BUT what if some team *Rockets* sign him to a 10 million dollar per year deal? Mayo and Randolph are also up for contracts and they have NO PF after Randolph so it's not as clear cut. Also consider they just gave Gay and Conley major raises.

9. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

You need a new one of these:
    [​IMG]

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

1) How do you even begin to foresee Scott Brooks leaving OKC?

2) We only have one pick in the draft.

3) We won't have the cap room to sign Gasol, and I don't think he'll have the incentive to force a S&T considering he is not a max money guy.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Don't think Adelman's the problem, but I suppose it's debatable. We certainly won't be cherry-picking a coach from a successful situation like OKC's. Funny how it seems all the desirable coaches already have successful situations....

2. We only have 1 pick, as has been mentioned. But, getting 1 good guy out of the lotto helps the team a bit anyway. Of course, that's been the plan ever since we agreed to swap picks with NY.

3. Why wouldn't Memphis match $13m/year for Marc Gasol? Especially remembering that big men always command a premium. People always like to trot out a rationale that they have too many other fat contracts, but it rarely works out that way for big-dollar players. If it is an issue for them, they'll find a way to trade their other guys away to keep Gasol. Forgetting for the moment how we find $13m to pay him with.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

usually the perfect plan is also a plan thats unrealistic or not very likely to happen.

13. mrjuandiego1988

to have uninjured players! :cool:

14. Rockets_4_life

I like the drafting Perry Jones Idea, after that its kind of eh... :eek:

15. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

i dont want anymore short point guards!!!!!!!

for once i want a 6'3 or taller. damnit. thats why i dnt really like our pg's.
    god!!
    thats why i want ricky rubio.
    :)

16. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Nice by the time the new player develop we Scola will be old and KM will be over 30.

If we going to rebuild why not do it all over, and get value for Scola and KV too.

17. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Have fun with your unproven pg :grin:

18. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow this guy has very good potential, he kinds reminds me of KD.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/quxsxSe1YTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/quxsxSe1YTo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>