1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Pelosi-Trump State of the Union Address Chess Match

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"this vital trip"

tenor-2.gif

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hmm... meeting with U.S. troops in Afghanistan (who seem to be ignored by trump) and also meeting with NATO leaders who might be concerned that trump would further help his boss putin and pull out of NATO? Yea, seems pretty vital to me...

3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

maybe. then again, maybe a junket

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As I said before, those troops don't want to be forced to meet with her so Trump did them a favor.

Also when it comes to NATO, the president could probably pull the US out of it if he wanted to all by himself after the precedent of Bush pulling the US out of a treaty unilaterally in 2002.....that said, so far all of his actions have been to strengthen NATO by getting allies to start living up to their obligations.

Either way, Pelosi isn't a top diplomat so her meeting with any foreign leader or organization is hardly "vital", she's a relative nobody.

5. NewRoxFan

Only if you think visiting troops in a war zone like Afghanistan is a "junket." After all, I know its not as important as hobnobbing with the wealthy elite in Davos, or escaping her husband to sunny Mar-A-Lago, but I'd think our troops on the front lines are worth a visit by the Speaker of the House.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm surprised he didn't want until she got to Afghanistan to pull the plane

Nook and MiddleMan like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

As Jack Marshall comments in his brief piece about Trump's maneuver, "The Speaker of the House has absolutely no function or responsibility in foreign affairs. The flight was the definition of government waste."

You should take his fun quiz. ;)

https://ethicsalarms.com/2019/01/17/ethics-quiz-and-poll-the-presidents-letter/

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and in a followup post, Marshall writes, "if ending the Border Wall-Budget impasse is indeed high priority, it is irresponsible for the Speaker to take off for an extended trip."

https://ethicsalarms.com/2019/01/18...p-1-18-2019-the-p***y-grabber-plays-and-more/

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or at least mid air. I mean you can't just halfway own the libs. You gotta go all the way. Weaksauce.

10. Major

Major Member

So what I gather here is that Pelosi got all the credit/publicity for being willing to meet troops in Afghanistan, didn't actually have to go there, and got to make Trump look even pettier than normal? Well done.

11. NewRoxFan

So now and your blogger are switching to a different story... its not a "junket", but she is too important to visit troops on the outside chance twrump is ready to compromise and end his government shutdown. Since I don't think trump honestly want to end his shutdown, and, I suspect that an agreement could happen with her in Afghanistan for seven days, or, I am sure she could travel back if truly needed, I think this is just another attempt to justify trump's childish act. But, whatev's...

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

never mind, @NewRoxFan , I was just trying to have a bit of fun with you. As another poster asked, do you ever rest? sleep? recreate? maybe you should take a break and go out to dinner or something. :D

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Trump gets the credit for stopping the troops from being forced to sit through Pelosi's BS as a part of what would be a worthless trip just to ensure she's not in Washington DC to actually do her job.

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I am cooking dinner in a few hours. So I have a bit more time posting stuff about trump. After all, I get paid per post, with bonuses for replies and likes.

vlaurelio and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

nice!!!

16. NewRoxFan

Most people have some degree of empathy for people that are missing paychecks due to trump's government shutdown. Here's trump's idea of a "gag". Ha ha ha... people having to deplete savings, or apply for social assistance. What a funny guy.

The fine print: "75% of each contribution to DJTP [is] to be designated toward either its 2020 primary (the default) or 2020 general election account, up to a maximum of $2,700 ($5,000) per account. 25% of each contribution to the RNC’s Operating account..." Uh, that's...100% Yep, he is making a joke while hundreds of thousands are out of work, and making a campaign fundraiser.

Trump is raising money to send fake bricks to Pelosi and Schumer's offices
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/818635/trump-raising-money-send-fake-bricks-pelosi-schumers-offices

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

:( unfortunately not. The intention was to show that thinking opinions are facts isn't going to change anyone else mind about it.

#137 Amiga, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe, maybe not. Assumptions all around.

I think elected officials should continue to do their job and other elected officials shouldn't be shutting them out of doing their jobs. The gov shutdown is bad enough. Do I want elected official to be shutdown too - no.

19. adoo

adoo Member

No Worries likes this.
  20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

That would of been EPIC!! MSM would of never stop talking about that move for years. Damn, he should of done that.