1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Overwhelming Black Issue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 6, 2020.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

And little guys like you help them stay in power by believing that you will be trickled down on or whatever the conservative think tanks are pushing.

AleksandarN and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Snippy little breakdown there. Almost like someone is... triggered. And still pathetic.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Who is he votin' for? That's the real determiner of blackness.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Exactly because you can't reply to a godamn thing I said, you're completely ignorant to reality, and I won't stop you. Have a nice day broski.

AleksandarN likes this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

“You ain’t black if you vote for Trump” who said that?

6. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

“I’ve done more for Black people than anyone else except maybe Lincoln”, which dumbass said that?

AleksandarN and ThatBoyNick like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You're responding to the man who just got done yelling at a black man for having a white wife, save your time lol.

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. generalthade_03

ROXRAN likes this.
  9. generalthade_03

Tell me your race again?

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Human.

You seem to have a real problem with trying to chastise people based on the color of their (or their wife's) skin.

11. generalthade_03

So you ain’t black? You voted for Trump?

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You got me, I'm not black... but...what if, my wife is?

:eek:

13. generalthade_03

Is she?

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol

I would tell you, but I also care about Hispanics, Caucasians, Asians, well I guess, all ethnicities, nationalities, and variances of skin pigmentation. So I think I won't tell you, and instead continue to care about all people, and then you just won't ever know which one I have a pass to care about then?

#54 ThatBoyNick, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't believe in trickle-down economics, nor do I believe that white people are going to willingly give up their power. People have to take it. Not like in all-out war or something like that, but by taking advantage of the opportunities we are all given. Not equal opportunities, but opportunities nonetheless.

malakas, ROXRAN and Os Trigonum like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm obviously not black, or am I ;).

You would still have to ignore history or be willfully blind to not acknowledge that the legacy of slavery, segregation and ongoing racism haven't made things much difficult for black Americans. Consider that while Asians overall have done very well there are still pockets of poverty among Asians. One of these is elderly Asians who live in Chinatowns who have been in the US the long time. It seems strange that Asians who have been here the longest are doing poorer than ones who have not been here so long but those were people who grew up when many of the same discriminatory practices and attitudes towards blacks were also applied to Asians. As such these people couldn't live where they wanted and couldn't work where they wanted. Most Asians came after Civil Rights and as such weren't constrained as those who were here before. I will also say again that most of us who came here were among the most skilled and motivated already. That is very different than a group of people who came here as unwilling immigrants, held in bondage for generations and then legally discriminated for generations.

ThatBoyNick and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

I actually agree with this point and got flamed for making this point in a thread when Black Panther came out and black people lost their minds. I used to take it as an insult but now I know its just stating a fact, my being a conservative is 100% a reverberation of my parents being legal immigrants. I've accepted that I am a minority of a minority.

18. Fantasma Negro

Also, black people need to travel internationally more for perspective. Scratch that, All people need to travel internationally more. I'm just tired of being the only black guy in the resort lol

#58 Fantasma Negro, Aug 7, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  19. Nook

Nook Member

You cannot commit cultural genocide of a group of people and expect that there will not be long term consequences.

We see it in the African American community, the Native American community, the South African community and the Aboriginal communities in Australia.... hell we saw it when Islam and Christianity did their best to bleach societies and make them in the image of Brown and white people.

The reality is that there are long term consequences to a society and culture that has their roots forcefully ripped out from underneath them.

The issue, is that this fact needs to be accept and understood before we can try to solve the problem...... and it is NOT accept in all of these communities.... where there are groups that are bi product of cultural genocide.

Also, the idea that people that clearly look physically different can not be influenced by the reality of society and the history of the society they live in is just foolish.

I guarantee you seeing that all the dolls in the store are white, that Santa Claus is white..... that those in the positions of power in business and government are white..... that other people that look like you do not have as much........ that all has an impact. How much reverence can you have for your country when they owned people that looked like you and supported enslavement? How much respect are you going to have for the Office of the Presidency when many of the men that occupied the office did not like black people and supported oppressive measures.

There is no easy solution.

20. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Black folk are not too diverse. simplistic thought processing ...sincerely Biden