1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The outside perception of this team and organisation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Feb 12, 2016.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

CELTICS FAN ALERT!

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Said this for years that constant turnover will lead to players treating the org the same way....no loyalty to them, no loyalty to us.

DD

3. hakeemthagreat

I think this is face saving denial right here. A few players are willing to come here. But the perception among a large portion of players, and agents, is the Rockets treat players like assets and doesn't like to pay them. So if you're a rookie, journeyman or d-league player looking for a short term shot then we're the team to join. But if you're proven player looking for long term team to build with the Rockets are NOT the place. Morey's tenure here has been a huge rollercoaster ride of roster turnover

4. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yeah, Howard was the only major FA who signed with us, and look how it turned out. We're trying to trade him.

Bosh turned us down twice. Melo, Dragic, Lowry, LMA, who else? Soon KD.

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I think the perception is we don't know what we're doing. After so many years of Morey saying he knows the most efficient way to play basketball. Hubris--time to eat humble pie.

We ourselves say the team is unwatchable.

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

True. When Morey first joined we had already established something and he knew how to build around Yao. When he got Harden, he seemed to be less clear with the way he was going and you would figure a good GM would recognise the difference between a good coach and bad coach + players who are consistent and those who just got on a hot streak like Josh, Brewer etc.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Adelman should have never been run off, that alone made me question Morey's judgement.

DD

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I agree with this. I didn't understand that....particularly when the substitute was Kevin McHale.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

That was Leslie as you well know. And some other questionable decisions have come from ownership as well.

Morey has done an excellent job meeting his employer's demands (become successful without having a tanking season, acquiring superstars, filling out rosters with valuable role players that complement stars, etc.)

His one failure has been finding a coach that can please Leslie the owner who seems to want his ego stroked by the coach more than having a great coach. And even that (which McHale did great) was not enough for the coach to retain his job.

Morey is a great GM and while he has made mistakes he has corrected them as best as possible within the parameter Leslie has set (which can be pretty demanding at times).

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

DD. You are all over the place man. What are you referring to? Are you referring to Dwight? Because Dwight WANTS to stay in Houston, and has been a freaking amazing ambassador for the city. I mean the guy is always talking about how much he loves it.

Him being traded (Potentially) has to do with his contract, and the Rockets needing to retool and not being able to do so with Dwight on a risky max contract.

I don't where you are going with the loyalty thing but when you spat off like this, give some basis please. Don't give yourself a heart attack man, you make my blood pressure boil just from seeing your posts going all over the place with anger at everyone.